Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divmstr223

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone watch the 24 series on FOX??

Been watching 24 since day one and like the Shield, this is my favorite season of 24. The funny thing is that I was totally disappointed when President Palmer was killed in the first episode this season. Other than Jack Bouer, Palmer was my favorite character. Now, Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer) is on a new show call "The Unit" on NBC....already have it set up on TIVO...:D

Anyway, back to the point.....where are the 24 watchers out there? :14:

I run 2 VCRs and have a generator -- redundancy and all that.
24 is a great show. However, there are a few things that are just a bit beyond belief: (1) their cell phones seem to work places that I can't get mine to work, and they never drop calls; (2) the time it takes to get around LA is impossible. I've tried some of the routes they use and it takes 40 minutes to get some of the places. (In one episode, last season, Bauer left the CTU office to go to where the terrrorists were holed up. Based on the time it took to get there, the terrorists would have had to be in accross the street!)

Another thought: Bauer makes James Bond look like a sissy.

This season lacks a plotline that makes you care about any of the main characters. It's totally lacking in drama... we know immediately whether every character is good or bad. The suspense comes in short little segments and there's nothing engaging about the whole series.

I love the show, and think it's better than anything on TV, but it's sorely lacking this season.,

jonnythan:
This season lacks a plotline that makes you care about any of the main characters. It's totally lacking in drama... we know immediately whether every character is good or bad. The suspense comes in short little segments and there's nothing engaging about the whole series.

I love the show, and think it's better than anything on TV, but it's sorely lacking this season.,

Totally not what I wanted to hear.....

Admin, can you delete this post please....Hello? Anyone? :D

Just kidding, I can see what you mean as far as the suspense or lack thereof, but I still love the plot and the intensity it brings. This is my favorite season for alot of reasons, one is because it's minus a few characters that I could not stand....Nina, Jack's wife, and Kim....although she did make an appearance on last nights show. This whole season is about Jack doing his thing with fewer scenes of Jack's naggy women making trouble for him. :D All action and kickin @ss....:14:

And Jack sure does make James Bond look like a wuss....:D

I guess one of the things I liked so much about the first four seasons was an engaging plot with real drama. Oh well.

I've got a question: At the beginnng of the season, terrorists took over the Ontario airport to mask their stealing the canisters. Why? Wouldn't it have been easier to just slip a janitor a $20 and have him unlock the door to the storage room?

and in some countries they haven't started showing season 4 so thanks for the spoiler...

I'm truly sorry about that. I cannot believe how stupid I was not to have considered that it had not yet been shown.

I'll never describe action without a proper warning first.

Ian T:
and in some countries they haven't started showing season 4 so thanks for the spoiler...

Ian, it's in season 5 now, they really haven't started showing season 4 yet? I feel for ya man.

I love 24 too! I agree with It'sBruce though, there is a serious problem with some of the time frames going on there, and not just the phone service, but the speed at which they send large files back and forth. I mean it took Tony what about 4 hours to go from unconcious with possible brain damage to up and out of his bed? Or lets look at Chloe who is able to figure out what building a schematic is of in like 15 seconds, yet it takes her several minutes to do the emergency isolation thing the other night when the gas was released?
I guess it is best to just sit and enjoy the show rather than try to figure out the realism of it.
I too love'd president Palmer- I didn't get to watch the premire of the Unit the other night..... how was it? Worth getting addicted too?

Polly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom