21W HID kit for a halogen light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaap

Reaction score
Hi

I have seen guy with a 21W HID kit that goes into just about any halogen light using standardb 12V mr16 halogen bulbs/reflectors. The kit is 50mm i diamter and about 60mm long. The kit was supposedly quite affordable.

Does anyone know more about these kits? Like who makes them?

Jaap:
Hi

I have seen guy with a 21W HID kit that goes into just about any halogen light using standardb 12V mr16 halogen bulbs/reflectors. The kit is 50mm i diamter and about 60mm long. The kit was supposedly quite affordable.

Does anyone know more about these kits? Like who makes them?

Hi Jaap,I am also in the quest for a better light, or better battery time. I have built my own dive light from PVC tubing, which works well with 12V Halogen bulbs. I have a 20 and 35w bulb, which I can easily swap, depending on required dive time. The HID is nice since it is extremely efficient. I found a source at Welch Allyn in the USA. They normally will not sell in small quantities. I can order HID lamps here in Holland only as "repair parts" for existing HID lamps. These tend to cost 200Euro's plus!!! I simply asked a quotation for 2 bulbs/ballasts from Welch Allyn, and got a reply from the dutch dealer. There I can oder them for some 90 Euros, plus a charge for shipment and handling.
Adress:

TE LINTELO SYSTEMS BV
Vondellaan 186
6901 MR Zevenaar
Tel: +31-(0)316-340 804
Fax: +31-(0)316-340 805
g.loop@tlsbv.nl
www.tlsbv.nl

On the welch allyn homepage you can find a list of all available models, and you find great spec sheets! These lamps are very good, and commonly used to build factory HID dive lights.

Kind regards from The Netherlands

Karel
DSC04019.jpg

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom