2024 Florida storms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife , son and grandchildren live nine miles from Port St. Lucie Nuclear Power Plant as the crow flies and this is in the nuclear disaster zone . Built on a sand spit which don't like and please ,please start up those big ship back up generators to test if they work before the storm arrives

Milton is now a category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.

In practical terms, I think that means @MrChen will be out hunting from a private boat rather than a charter.

MiltonMovingIn.jpg

Fortunately, there has been some weakening of the storm, as was predicted. Sustained winds are down almost 50 knots from the highest reports that I read. The biggest concern in the Tampa area right now seems to be the 10+ foot storm surge that is being forecast. Here in Palm Beach county, the forecast is much more benign at this time. The next 24 hours should be eventful.

I have to say, the storm response from FPL is about the best that I could imagine possible. These guys know how to staff up an area in preparation for an incoming storm. As soon as the weather shows a hint of clearing, the prepositioned crews & equipment are on the job & the system comes back up QUICKLY. This is a model that needs to be duplicated in other areas of society. This is an example of FANTASTIC management. Thank you FPL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom