2021 Travel. How much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bahamas liveaboard in January & April, St. Croix in May, Socorro liveaboard in May, Guadalupe liveaboard in August, Europe in the fall. Hoping for the best, knowing things can change any moment. Planning travel helps keep me optimistic.

I had planned on 6 months in Roatan in Spring 2020, I'm going on Feburary 20th.

Are you planning to spend another big block of time there? I liked diving in Roatan, but the bugs liked my wife too much and she will not go back.

A non-diving trip of ours got canceled last May (for reasons we aren't speaking of) and we're trying to figure out when to reschedule that. We have a dive trip planned for Kona in May. I suspect we'll add a trip to Coz in the fall, and maybe a trip to somewhere (Roatan, Belize?) in the spring. I agree with @flyboy08 that Coz is really on top of keeping things clean, if you are concerned about picking up a virus.

After reading your Coz trip report, I have moved it up the list

Florida once, Coz twice...Coz is the place to be...safer than the US.

People keep mentioning that Coz is the place so the dive gods must be trying to
tell me something.

Are you planning to spend another big block of time there? I liked diving in Roatan, but the bugs liked my wife too much and she will not go back.

I spent a week there in the beginning of December and didn’t have any problems with bugs, perhaps it’s a seasonal thing. I’m going for at least 6 months, after I get my dive instructor I’ll see how I’m liking it. I really like St John’s and might land there or I might buy a boat and just cruise around the Caribbean.

After reading your Coz trip report, I have moved it up the list

People keep mentioning that Coz is the place so the dive gods must be trying to
tell me something.

Bahamas liveaboard in January & April, St. Croix in May, Socorro liveaboard in May, Guadalupe liveaboard in August, Europe in the fall. Hoping for the best, knowing things can change any moment. Planning travel helps keep me optimistic.

Ok I am now green with envy. Good luck

If things open up soon enough and vaccines become available to "normal" folks, I plan to do a couple trips.

Any place in mind like someplace with warmer water? Living in Florida any temperature lower than 60 seems too cold to dive for a warm water wuss like me. Be safe

Cancelled all trips that were planned in 2020 (although we take a Caribbean cruise late last January) as well as a preplanned trip to Aruba in Jan, 2021, We usually take at least 3 trips a year, but we have also become more particular about when and where we go - being retired helps. We also usually plan and book trips 9 months to 1 year+ in advance. I put it in my mind early during the “what we’re not mentioning” that travel for us might resume in 2022 - didn’t want to get my hopes up too much. Because we’re timeshare owners, we were kind of forced to plan some trips (Sedona and Cozumel) for 2021 - both late in the year - also booked a place in the Bahamas for 2022. A difference for us is that we purchased a trip cancellation insurance (for timeshare only) so that we can cancel the trip without loosing anything - never did that before. Also we haven’t looked at airfare for those trips which is unusual for us.

Depending on the vaccine and whatever is happening next spring/summer will determine if we really take the 2021 trips. No other factors affect the plans we make for travel - well, other than my wife won’t travel in the summer because we have a pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom