2010 GLWC Spring Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the compliment Jim. At least this is my interpretation of your post.

Anyway, I was only trying to keep the thread from going to the back pages of SB hell. Posting keeps people aware of what is going on. That's my story and I am sticking to it!!! Besides, the executive leadership decided to take the meet and greet on Facebook but have yet to post anything other than the event date. What kind of leadership is this. Mass Email has been sent to all GLWC Members on FB

However, for the sake of argument (and I do like to throw parties) I will post a thread for the meet and greet details. But I need to know what count we are on. The spring one was xxx and so was the fall. Can I make up a number or is there a pattern to this madness? Also, Ted, is your faq from the spring still accurate? Do I post to Ber to get the thread to a sticky? AHHH The joys of taking over the duties you get to pick what number it is. your choice. Yes you can copy The FAQ from the spring event into this one. Good luck with the Sticky I believe Ber no longer checks in on us.

:shakehead: By the time these questions are answered, the new thread could have been put up. :shakehead:Why do we need a new thread?? This one is fine.

:D:shakehead::confused::rofl3::no::eyebrow::

Our original Meet & Greet took place in the spring of 2004 so that would make this Meet and Greet XIV. I uploaded a bunch of pictures from previous Meet & Greets and a couple of dive trips.

Ted, The only reason I suggest a new thread is because this one is over a hundred posts and no faq. Folks are asking and it would be confusing to add it mid-thread.

Thank Mitten. I was going to call it SB Spring M&G version DDD or 666 but 14 will work since that is the official number.

By the way Ted, I am on FB and I did not get this "so called" email about me being the Julie of this event. Its ok, I can step for this event. Denny showed me how to do it for the fall meet and greet anyway. :D

I am working on the new thread now. Should be posted soon. I will post the link to the thread once i get it done.

Unless the dry-suit fairy pays me an unexpected visit sometime soon, I will be diving wet if I attend (which I hope to do)…. In order to properly prepare myself mentally, does anyone have any idea what kind of water temps we can expect in late April ??

I would expect about 40-42 down to about 35 feet (airplane, bus, helicopter), and 36 to 38 down at the tubes or lower.

Ken

Couldn't resist offering this up as a clothing option for the Spring M & G.

LadiesDiveBuddies.jpg

FYI - on sale at Scubatoys

SSSS, get yourself a 3-5 mm hooded vest and wear that under your 7mm; it makes a BIG difference. I'll be diving dry, so if you want, you can use my vest if it will fit you.

Wow ... who would have guessed!! :wink:

Ok, actually that's kind of what I figured... Hopefully we get warm air temps and lots of sun for the SI's!!

If I recall, it was < 45 down at the Flamingo last May when I broke in my new 7mm, and it wasn't too bad. I do think I will need to invest in a pair of neoprene socks as you suggest (my boots are 6m, but a bit too large), or maybe just new boots!! Heck, maybe both!! :D

I think I'll try to get out to Haigh once before the M&G just to break-in the repalcement for last years 7mm suit ... Hate to drive all that way and find out there is a problem with it !

SSSS, get yourself a 3-5 mm hooded vest and wear that under your 7mm; it makes a BIG difference. I'll be diving dry, so if you want, you can use my vest if it will fit you.

WT?? When the heck do you get to the age that your post is right below a hot chick in a tight t-shirt and your talking about hooded vest and other crap. :confused::shakehead: I hope I never get there..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom