200th dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations!

Great achievement. As others have said, you have had your struggles in diving but have ploughed on through them with grit and determination to become quite an accomplished diver.

Not sure how much is talent or how much is sheer pigheadedness and refusal to be defeated! (I kid - I know which it is! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:)

From the Cedarville crack dive yesterday (yes, we made crack diving jokes!). I’m the diver in the lead. Stirred up the bottom a bit focusing on camera. :(

6930E6E8-4376-4497-9753-B471B84AA964.png

Great achievement. As others have said, you have had your struggles in diving but have ploughed on through them with grit and determination to become quite an accomplished diver.

Not sure how much is talent or how much is sheer pigheadedness and refusal to be defeated! (I kid - I know which it is! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:)

There’s a lot of pure sheer pigheadedness! :p

Next challenge to conquer is the boat ladder wearing doubles. I can walk them a great distance at the quarry, just need to workout more to get them up the ladder. Being able to handle them on land is half the battle.

I went to my first dive club meeting shortly after I was certified.
The guest speaker was showing slides and talking about a dive trip he had just returned from.
He mentioned that during the trip he had made his 700th dive.

That blew my mind.
I couldn't wrap my head around someone making so many dives.
It seemed like an astronomical number.
Fast forward twenty years and I now have logged about two and a half times that many dives.

In diving, as in life, the road ahead seems longer than the one in the rear-view mirror.

Congrats Marie.
Enjoy the journey.

K.

From the Cedarville crack dive yesterday ..
Great viz !! I really like diving the Cedarville, even though some say it's too new and lacks the 'history' of the other nearby wrecks. It's a lot of fun with lots to see. Nice picture !!

Congrats Marie! Quite an accomplishment! Imagine how many more you would have if you were a GUE tropical diver. :p

Congrats Marie! Quite an accomplishment! Imagine how many more you would have if you were a GUE tropical diver. :p

I think you need to be forced to do a dive with the purple splits I use for pool laps! :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom