2007 San Marcos River Clean Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay_SMART_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
25th Annual San Marcos River Clean-Up
Come join the community in helping to keep our treasured river clean!

Bring your snorkel, dive gear or just jump in!
Saturday, April 14th

9:00AM– 2:00PM
Awards and Prizes
FREE BREAKFAST TACOS AND BAR-B-QUE LUNCH...YUM

WHERE: City Park Recreation Hall, 170 Charles Austin Dr., San Marcos
The Lion’s Club will be providing shuttle service from City Park to Rio Vista Falls .

Sponsored by: The City of San Marcos Nature Center
Texas State University and The Lion’s Club

For more info. contact 393-8448 or 393-8400 or dravigne_andrea@ci.san-marcos.tx.us

Andrea Dravigne, M.Ed.
San Marcos Nature Center
430 Riverside
San Marcos, Texas 78666
Office 512-393-8448
Cell 512-740-1779
Parks and Recreation 393-8400
www.smgreenbelt.org

I need some community service hours for school orgs, so it looks like I found an excuse to do a drift dive by sewell park. Diving for hours sure beats the job we end up with during Bobcat Build (school wide comm svc projects). Can't wait to check out a few student bodies either. :eyebrow:

CenTexDivin:
parrot, have you done this before?

are there normally alot of divers out there or is it mostly people on the shore picking up trash?

Yes I have done it a couple of times....I have another commitment this year but there are usually around 100 divers in the past years....scubadillos from Dallas usually come down and several groups from Austin and surrounding areas...they have changed the dates this year so I am not sure how many will be there.....but hook up with Jay's group, plus free bbq lunch...have fun...the river is up and it is suppose to be a nice weekend....

If you don't have air let me know by PM, one tank should last for the morning. If you don't have a tank or need air let me know and I can help you out. The river is flowing well so I always suggst that you over weight to combat the current. See ya Sat. (Look for the ambulance with SMART on the side.

We were an integral Part of the San Marcos River Cleanup for 19 seasons and are personal friends of Mr. Don Dibble... the best steward the river has ever known.
We were very upet when the City virtually excluded Dibble and a LOT of divers over the last 2 years. The city apparently wishes to take credit for what Mr. Dibble built over more than 20 years.
We have, For the last 2 years moved our efforts to the Comal River where we are more appreciated.
Not meaning to vent, but this is an issue that many divers statewide share with our club.

Cozgrove... www.shoekrewe.net .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom