2006 Typhoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice avatar baby...

I'm not worried but Ami probably won't come over to Anilao if there are very rough seas. I am just worried about the trip to PG. If the boat will go to Anilao, I'll be on it. I have Mike's Crown Royal!

Diver Dennis:
I'm not worried but Ami probably won't come over to Anilao if there are very rough seas. I am just worried about the trip to PG. If the boat will go to Anilao, I'll be on it. I have Mike's Crown Royal!
That's what I'm really worried about, our crown royal:wink: bwahahahaha j/k Mike, it's yours. No seriously, play it by the bangkero's ear. He'll know if it is safe to cross.

Watch out "Caloy" is coming!

Thursday, May 11, 2006
Weather bureau warns of landslides, flashfloods (2:20 p.m.)

MANILA -- The weather bureau and the Office of Civil Defense have warned local officials in Eastern Visayas and Bicol region of possible flashfloods and landslides arising from tropical storm "Caloy".

Caloy (international codename: Chanchu) as of 2:00 p.m. Thursday was estimated based on satellite and surface data at 330 kms east southeast of Guiuan, Eastern Samar.

The weather bureau, Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa), hoisted Public Storm Signal No. 2 over the province of Samar in the Visayas, Catanduanes, Albay, Sorsogon and Ticao Island in Luzon.

Public Storm Signal No.1 is also raised in Camarines Sur, Burias Island, Masbate, Leyte Provinces, Biliran Island, Surigao Provinces, Siargao and Dinagat Islands.

The weather bureau said Caloy has a maximum sustained winds of 85 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 100 kph. It is forecast to move west-northwest at 13 kph.

Residents in the affected provinces are advised to stay on alert against flashfloods and landslides and ready their warning signals.

Caloy also left thousands of passengers stranded in various ports in Bicol region.

The Office of the Civil Defense in the Bicol region reported that most of those stranded were in Matnog town in Sorsogon province - 2,000 - who were on board 16 trucks and 15 light vehicles.

Sixty-five more were stranded in Pilar while 50 were stuck in Bulan, both towns in Sorsogon province in the Bicol region.

The OCD issued an advisory to bus operators and terminals to suspend its routine trips from Manila to Visayas via Bicol to avoid influx of passengers in the port of Matnog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom