2005Jun26 ??Monterey,CA diver death??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[From the Sacramento Bee, June 28, 2005]

Frank McGuire began his career in Yolo County, California in 1989 with the Public Defender's Office and worked in the District Attorney's Family Support Division (now known as Yolo County Child Support Services) before leading the creation of the Yolo County District Attorney's Child Abduction Unit in 1996.

Recently, Frank gained national attention for his prosecution of a Yolo County woman who put her 4-year old daughter up for adoption to an Alabama couple without the consent of the father. He also recently played a key role in lobbying Gov. Schwarzenegger to restore funding to California's child abduction prosecution program. He was the Chairman of the District Attorney's Child Abduction Committee.

Frank is survived by his wife and daughter.

What dive site did it happen on? I know it was in Carmel Bay somewhere, and with the
very long interval south swell Sunday, I'm guessing that the Express would be on the south side
of Carmel Bay somewhere. But that covers a lot of territory from Mono Lobo around to
Copper Roof.

This hits home on so many levels (I'm not getting any younger). Our prayers to the family of Frank and thanks go to the efforts of all people that tried to revive him and save him.

I hope you're around if I have trouble. Our hearts go out.

Scuba Wino and Family

Dear posters,

As a friend of Frank's family, I immediately checked this board when I heard about his accident. I was really comforted by the kind posts on this board. I passed them along to Frank's wife who is not a diver and is still trying to grasp the loss. I was especially comforted by the accounts of the diver who was present who described the actions of Frank's daughter, who understandably, is traumatized. She really needs to be reassured that she did every thing exactly right. That post was excellent and when I see her, I will pass on those encouraging words.

Thanks to this very kind community.

--Sioux

Please pass on our condolences and prayers of peace for this family. From reading his accomplishments, he was obviously a caring and dedicated man, particularly to children and family. This is a great loss to the diving community.

Foo

From the local Monterey newspaper :

Sacramento man dies while diving at Point Lobos

A Sacramento man diving in the area of Point Lobos died Sunday, officials report.

Frank McGuire, 50, was diving with friends and family around 10 a.m., the Monterey County coroner's office reported. He made a dive and didn't come back up, authorities said. Fellow divers pulled McGuire up and brought him to shore, where paramedics performed CPR. He was transported to Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, where he was pronounced dead. Autopsy results were not available Monday.​

Ive heard 2 different stories. One was a guy named brett who died in the afternoon. and the other is frank who died at 10am.

Jorbar1551:
Ive heard 2 different stories. One was a guy named brett who died in the afternoon. and the other is frank who died at 10am.
Frank's accident in June is discussed on this thread, while Brett's accident from this weekend is on this one.

Back
Top Bottom