2001 11' foot zodiac zoom 340 S w/ 15 HP engine for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

genxweb

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This boat was bought brand new in 2001 or 2002 I believe, I am the only owner. It ran and work flawlessly to the floor issue which I believe have corrected, the glue came undone and I purchased zodiac glue and corrected it. The wood is still near mint condition. The boat was used in both lakes and oceans. New it retailed for 1600 w/ no engine and came with a carry bag which I think I still have and oars. I have lost the oar blades but still have the poles. I also have a foot pump for it.

It weights 100 lbs fully assembled with air no motor and 70 lbs deflated. If one tube is punctured it will keep you a float if both are you will have a issue
smile.gif
. The boat has been in seas with 4 foot breakers with no issues, though scary as [censored]. The boat is a by zodiac through a branch called zoom. It is the zodiac zoom 340 S series. You will see in research not many of the new ones can take a 15 HP engine, this one can and in theory can do 20 hp as long as it weighs less then 100 lbs do to the 10% rule. The boat has a inflatable keel and gets on plane well. I have had up to 4 divers in the boat with all their gear. I have also had up to 4 hunters in it with decoys and gear. It will get bogged down but does move. It has been inflated in the yard for the last week and tubes are still 98% full, that means no leaks. In a normal season I would pump it up once a week when I used my trailer, I like he tubs firm and stiff.

I use to take this boat out all the time when I lived in RI to dive wrecks and remote sites. I would bring two tanks of gas a satellite phone and gps. This boat has served me very well over the years.

The engine is a mix of 50 to 1 gas to oil and both tanks I believe are 6 gallons. The engine is simple to work on if you have any 2 cycle experience and a lot of videos on you tube. It was last serviced 3 years ago and a full rebuild was done for a cost of 500 dollars.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer. Also not pictured is the repair glue which was a special order due to the chemicals.

I am asking $650.00 (OBO) for it and I am open to trades. I am looking for a Full AR system, suunto transmitter + cash, or possibly at a min double tap kegerator (newer mode, I home brew)plus some cash. Can show boat to serious buyers. The engine alone is worth more then that. I just don't have time for it as I have a new duck boat and kayaks as well.

Pictures can be found here: https://plus.google.com/photos/114240651320081018214/albums/5768390247073726481
Let me know anything else I can tell you about it.

Price been lowered to $450 cash quick sale. Need the space and the money. I have a few interested parties but first with the money gets it.

I'm mostly interested in the motor, but for that price - I'd take the whole thing.

I couldn't get the link for the photos to work. Maybe it is because I'm on my work computer. I'll try again when I get home.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom