200' on air for 5 min bottom time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, if I diver did get bent following the above profile, most likely his symptoms would disappear in a few days even without treatment. While it's never a good thing to get bent or "take a hit", it rarely leads to death.
The severity of the hit has more to do with where the nitrogen bubbles got "stuck" in and less to do with how much deco time is omitted. You can have mild cases with lots of deco omitted and severe cases with just a little deco omitted. It all depends on where the bubbles have failed to clear from.

150 psi left, nice.
Remember I picked a normal newbie sac rate for that plan. Typical of the folks I've seen with less than 100 dives.

When these foolish threads are started we should refuse information until the op sends someone their real name. That way when they die or get injured we can post a more complete picture for new divers.
Why any educated, experienced diver would post information or stories of their past successes doing this stupid crap I'll never understand.

When these foolish threads are started we should refuse information until the op sends someone their real name. That way when they die or get injured we can post a more complete picture for new divers.
Why any educated, experienced diver would post information or stories of their past successes doing this stupid crap I'll never understand.

Yes, that is one way to demonstrate your superior knowledge and card collection. Do you think we should do the same for new people who are considering getting into diving?

Knowledge comes from education and training. If you believe that completing requisite training for dangerous activities is card collecting you are ignorant and not worth listening to.

New divers considering whether to get into diving should know that REALLY dumb people will freely give advice on this board but through years of deaths, injuries and near misses the industry actually does have standards, education and guidance to do it safely.

Ridiculing education is a common theme of fools, carry on.

Knowledge comes from education and training. If you believe that completing requisite training for dangerous activities is card collecting you are ignorant and not worth listening to.

New divers considering whether to get into diving should know that REALLY dumb people will freely give advice on this board but through years of deaths, injuries and near misses the industry actually does have standards, education and guidance to do it safely.

Ridiculing education is a common theme of fools, carry on.

If you believe that the only way to obtain knowledge (skills and abilities) is through education and training, I would suggest your perspective is lacking. The fool is the one who thinks he can only learn in school.

I am not trying to discourage formal training. It is fast, efficient and reasonable safe. (And it is the way instructors make a living.) I only want to acknowledge that there are other ways to learn. In fact, the only way to go beyond our current knowledge base is outside the classroom and training environment where knowledge is gained through experience, not through training.

Knowledge comes from education and training.

Experientia docet.

Nitrox at 200' ?? Air a 200' already has a PPO2 of 1.48. I can imagine a better suggestion but like you I don't want to hand a gun to anyone.
Well there is such as thing as apoxic nitrox... it's not EAN though. :wink:
18% nitrox should fit the bill...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom