2 new Rescue Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lexy:
I've been rescue certed since July and already had to do 3 rescues.

Wow, no kiddin'? What happened? (you knew someone would ask.... :D )

Congratulations!

The rescue course is an excellent skill to have under your belt. It makes you alot more aware of possible situations that could and do arise, and also, teaches you skills that you can put to use in every dive you do.

Keep up the training and practice, practice, practice!

Rick

Congratulations. One day, the stars will align just right and I can get my rescue done between other pressing events. Good job.

Congratulations on extending your skills and knowledge! I just certified rescue diver myself after 44 years. Of course I've made more than a few "unofficial" rescues before I was certified. However all my victims were beautiful female divers and they kept fighting me off when I tried to perform mouth-to-mouth. Now with the new CPR guidelines we get to perform even less M-to-M. Darn.

Congrats wish more divers had the interest.....btw Lexy who/where do you dive? I have diving since (ok I'm old) and teaching since 79 and other than some "tired" divers haven't been involved in 3 rescues in same year. I was on a trip where we had to search for and bring up the bodies of a triple fatality. By the time I was called "Rescue" wasn't an option, it was already a recovery. Very sad, and to this day I can remember every minute. My hopes is although useful your new skills will never really be needed.

Way to go you two! You've done one of those rare things that can pretty much only be good, both for yourselves and those around you.:D

I'm in the middle of the course myself. As a matter of fact, once I'm done posting this I should probably stop perusing the boards and get back to the books I'm supposed to be reading and answering questions from.

I'm sure it says something that my break from reading about diving is reading other things about diving...:huh:

Congratulations again,

Adam

Congratulations-----------Good Job...

Please to report that last February I too completed my Rescue Course. It was interesting and worth the effort to take it.

Back
Top Bottom