2 hrs at sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skeeter1097

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When my buddy and I drooped it was flat with a wined out of the South East. 2 miles out and 4 miles North of the Palm Beaches. 100' to 115' but we stayed on top of the reef so are max was 98'. After 40 minuets we ascended into a different world. 4' to 6' with capes. rain, wined and no boat. The boat driver a very experienced driver and diver. Lost us as the ball went under when we hoked up to get some lobster. 2 HR 27 Min. surface time when we got in the cost guard boat.
The things that go through mined. It was cool, but not that I woo dent won't to do it again.

Geez, GLAD you are ok!!! What a scare. Was it a private boat or a charter?

Skeeter- IT is a B-I-G ocean eh? I have toyed with the thought of pulling one of those Olin kits on my surface flag/ball. I also thought seriously about an Otter box with the Uniden submerisble radio. The radio is not dive rated but you should be able to use it on the surface.. along with a orange smoke or flares at dusk would be a good investment. Although those days where you come up to a blowing rain storm I m not sure either would help that much.

Glad to hear you made it back to the dirt.

holy cow...

glad you came out alright

That's the type of thing that I am concerned about going out with a group of guys... Coming up and not having a boat in site.

Yeah, scary stuff.

I just saw on television that there is a missing diver off of Ponce Inlet. Scary stuff.

Dude
Glad your OK!
Man could of been bad,well now you learned a few things,when you tie into the reef make sure your float is not below the water! stay in the area of your tie off/flag, and I hope your top man boat guy was ok!
Brad

It was a privet boat. One with a 1000 or more drops, lack of experience was not the problem. We have made two changes to are gear. One we have added a dive ball 10' lead to the to the other. Two a air Wiesel as there was 3 boats that where 500 yards away at divert times that did not hear are Wiesel's. We had a ball two 4' sages and Wiesel's.
We dove yesterday and had a grate dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom