+2 dioptor adjustment for dive mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reeldive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Need advice. My normal (in air) perscription is +2, both eyes with another +2 for reading. I have been useing an IST mask with +2 dioptor lenses, These work ok for reading my gages and focusing on things out to about 2 meters but seem to be a bit strong past that. Work OK for local diveing with limited viz but leave a lot to be desired on tropical dive trips. I want to get a new mask and was thinking of going with +1.5 . Any one with similar experience ? I've tried diveing with non Rx lenses, Can't focus near or far.

reeldive:
Need advice. My normal (in air) perscription is +2, both eyes with another +2 for reading. I have been useing an IST mask with +2 dioptor lenses, These work ok for reading my gages and focusing on things out to about 2 meters but seem to be a bit strong past that. Work OK for local diveing with limited viz but leave a lot to be desired on tropical dive trips. I want to get a new mask and was thinking of going with +1.5 . Any one with similar experience ? I've tried diveing with non Rx lenses, Can't focus near or far.
Talk to your optometrist or eye doctor. The prescription that you have for glasses often isn't accurate for a mask, just as it often isn't accurate for contacts - the distance between the lens and your eye matters.

Roger that! but trying to find an optometrist that has a clue as to what a diver needs is all but impossible

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom