2 Dead in cave diving incident.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a report on TDS that the second body was recovered.

cornfed:
There was a report on TDS that the second body was recovered

Well, found... not recovered yet. Entangled near a restriction at 285, possibly his own line but that's not clear yet. scooters were found as well [not with the second body] and will be recovered today as well.

dvrgaryc:
Apparently they were using DPV's that failed back inside the cave system.
Scooters haven't yet been extracted. There is no information to support a scooter malfunction yet.
Rick

Spectre - thanks for the update.

My condolences and best wishes in this time of sorrow go out to family and friends.

Up Date 6-15-04

The recovery team managed to untangle the 2nd diver from his own line in a nasty little hole beyond John's Pocket. The scooters did not fail, we know this for sure.

A team late last night managed to move the diver from Johns pocket and to the main line just beyond the Key Hole pit.

The recovery team had to work for over 30 minutes at 290 feet just to cut free the diver and move him to the line.

A couple teams will be going in today and attempt to move the body all the way out or as far as possible.

Before everyone starts saying things that are not true, waite for the real recovery report that will be posted after the investigation.

Curt Bowen:
Before everyone starts saying things that are not true, waite for the real recovery report that will be posted after the investigation.
If we're going to do that we might as well log off. :wink:

Curt- Will IUCRR be handling the investigation or others?

In all seriousness Curt, I have a tremendous amount of respect for what the recovery teams are doing. I'm a volunteer firefighter and have dealt with my fair share of bodies. Even so I can't even imagine what it's like 300' down and 1000' from air. I'm anxiously awaiting your post that says the recovery is finished and everyone is at home with their families.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom