2 Dead in cave diving incident.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've made comparable dives. To plan and execute a dive like this with an "unknown, unproven" buddy is sheer folly. Based on the reports coming out, gas management, scooter management, and contingency planning appear at this time to be lacking.

The loss of other divers is a tragedy, whether they were known to us or not. The wishy washy feel good response to these fatalities doesn't do anyone any good, however.

Actually, the names have been released. Craig Simon of Spring Hill, FL, and John Robinson of St. Pete, FL, are the 2 divers lost. John has been recovered. Craig has not been recovered as of tonight.

My sincere condolences to the families and friends involved in this tragic accident.

Randy Cain

i am very sorry to hear this, and my thoughts also go to the friends and families

tndiveinstruct1:
Actually, the names have been released. Craig Simon of Spring Hill, FL, and John Robinson of St. Pete, FL, are the 2 divers lost. John has been recovered. Craig has not been recovered as of tonight.

My sincere condolences to the families and friends involved in this tragic accident.

Randy Cain

Many of my friends and Advanced Diver Magazine team members are on the recovery team for the missing divers. As of 10:16 PM EST I have not recieved news if the second diver has been recovered.

I will post the true results once they come in.

chickdiver:
The loss of other divers is a tragedy, whether they were known to us or not. The wishy washy feel good response to these fatalities doesn't do anyone any good, however.

I'm all for calling it like it is to prevent more of the same.

Also, with the acception of medical problems I haven't ever heard of a dive accident happening on a dive where no mistakes were made.

It's also not often that I hear of a "new" mistake. It seems that on the rare occasions that we get facts they just confirm the original suspicions.

Still wise cracks about the divers, the WKPP or scooters isn't constructive.

Curt Bowen:
Many of my friends and Advanced Diver Magazine team members are on the recovery team for the missing divers. As of 10:16 PM EST I have not recieved news if the second diver has been recovered.

Thanks Curt.

Please express to the recovery team that my thoughts and prayers are with them as they pursue their mission.

Randy Cain

Curt Bowen:

Godspeed, Curt. Good luck to you all in your valliant efforts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom