2/26 Deadmans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetrat:
It was a great day of diving. Thank you Jennifer for planning it, and Sid - hope you enjoy ed your stay here in So Cal. It was a pleasure meeting you. Rick and Brandon - KILLER bottom times (80 minutes)!

84 minutes :wink: We had some KILLER fills ... both came up with about 800 psi. It was nice hooking up with you folks at the beginning of the dive.

riguerin:
84 minutes :wink: We had some KILLER fills ... both came up with about 800 psi. It was nice hooking up with you folks at the beginning of the dive.

Thumbs up to BEACH CITIES SCUBA in Laguna for those fills, eh? It was great to see Brandon so enthusiastic about diving, Rick! And he's a bright and polite kid. Must get it from his mom! :wink:

O-Kay! My first dive at Laguna Beach! I was in excellent company with Sapphire, Wetrat, Neophyte, Pasley, Riguerin, and Brandon showing the way.

We could not have asked for a better February day to be in the water there: 70 topside, 57 in the water, no surf, viz was... well there WAS viz, variable, depending on where you were. Sapphire and I cruised in among the rocks, successfully avoided puncturing our drysuits on sea urchins and barnacles, and gawked at the myriad critters we found. Surge among the rocks varied from maybe 2 feet to 8 feet, so we were both glad we didn't carry cameras (you can look at stuff in surge, but try taking macro, right?) We did right at an hour bottomtime. Easy entry and exit yesterday, since no surf.

A neat site. I'd dive it again in a heartbeat. For your surface intervals, you can climb among the rocks -- be careful, they're slippery in places -- and check out the tidal pools. They're teeming with anemones (large and tiny) , sea urchins, crabs, sea stars, mussels, lots of other goodies.

Easy beach access. Park in the neighborhood, strap on your gear, and breeze down the stairs to the beach. Coming back up is less of a breeze, but not un-doable. Altogether, a neat site.

Thanks again, gang. I enjoyed it. Hope I get to dive with y'all again on a future trip. And if you find yourselves in NC wanting to dive some shipwrecks....

BTW, special thanks to Sapphire for setting this up. You done good, lady!

Sid

Glad you could make it Sid - it was really a pleasure meeting you! Ya know, you look a lot like a wreck-diving Sean Connery! :browsmile

I had a great time diving with Pasley, the 2 John's, Adam, Sid, Rick and Brandon... Sorry that I missed Todd, Ann Marie, Dave and Brittney at the other cove!

Conditions were less than stellar, but Sid was a trooper... I am sure his Refugio diving the day before was a bit better. Hopefully the weather will clear up and Sid will get another chance at California diving soon!

Kaydee had a blast chasing the frisbee thrown by Brandon during the SI. If she could have gone along on the dive, I am sure she would have! She was a good dog waiting patiently in the truck while we were diving!

Highlights were the sea lion on the first dive, and finding the lobster hotel on the second dive... actually I liked the surge, I like shooting through the rocks while avoiding sea urchin spines! Another highlight was coming home, and finding that a special someone brought me a surprise from Chicago... a copy of Shadow Divers signed to ME from John Chatterton and Richie Kohler. THANKS HONEY!!

thanks, guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom