1st trip to Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joed

Reaction score
I need help... I am bringing my wife and 2 teenage kids to Cancun in December. I scuba dive and they want to snorkel. Are there any good tours for snorkeling in Cancun? Is there a dive boat where I can Scuba and my family can snorkel? Should we dive in Cancun or get a boat to take us to Cozumel? Any recommendations are appreciated.

Also, what kind of documents do we need to get into Mexico? We are all US citizens. Thanks, Joe

I can answer the document question for you.

A U.S. Passport would be the best.

-OR-

Your Birth Certificate & state issued photo ID.
Please note that the birth certificate MUST be state issued, not the hospital issued one that has footprints on it.

Your best bet would be to ask Tech to move this thread to Mexico and not have it in the sub-forum of Cozumel. Just a thought

When I went to Cancun there were signs that I saw when walking out of the hotel to the beach that warned people with sensitive skin to be careful of sandfleas. I have been going to the beach my whole life and never thought that I would have a problem. Well guess what, I did. I would do an online search to find what repels sandfleas and bring some. I would also bring some benadryl ointment just in case. Same trip, I also got an external ear infection. If I were to return (I now always keep this in my dive bag and use it each time I hit the water) I would definately bring and USE some ear drops that dry out the water that gets caught in the ears. It is mainly alcohol. Once when I was on a catamaran and didn't have the drops with me and had water in my ear, the guys on board dripped some tequilla in my ear and that took care of it (waste of tequilla, but worked!).

Have a great time, the water is great!

Back
Top Bottom