1st PPD-DM (Dive Marathon)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoon made some reservations for 8 already. who else is going? we need the list because a lot of divers have plans to go to D&T on the 17th and we would not want to run out of tanks.

here's the list of who'll be going:

1. spoon
2. chip
3. ish
4. halthron
5. iris
6. vince
7. rej
8. moonie

will you guys do this as a DOR event?

since you guys are many, maybe you can do a dive over ehem ehem... ehhehehe

If it were up to me I'd wanna do a tank all the way to portulano, hang out there for the SI, get refilled and then mosey our way back!

chip104:
If it were up to me I'd wanna do a tank all the way to portulano, hang out there for the SI, get refilled and then mosey our way back!

if the tide + current is right , it may assist you on your travel, much like the tail wind the airplanes utilise to assist on their flight plans.

paolov:
if the tide + current is right , it may assist you on your travel, much like the tail wind the airplanes utilise to assist on their flight plans.
Drift dive over, water ski back?

chip104:

wanna attempt to get to portulano? its doable. if only there was a rock formation or some geo characteristic that screams PORTULANO

chip104:
Hey guys,

it's not as bad as it sounds - really a good experience. I was actually proud of adhering to the famous saying here on SB: "Plan your dive, dive your plan." (Note: Spoon did most of the excellent planning, I just went with the flow!). Spoon and I were tired but still able to hold a conversation most of the way back to Manila. The KFC demolition was the one that actually made me super tired!

The adjacent cove was awesome - I actually liked exploring and will look forward to going further. Quarry lane was really unique and I think Spoon and I got a tast of how quarry diving feel like (minus the fresh water)!

Two more were definitely possible. I think if we added one at the beginning and one at the end (a night dive) 10 would be possible. Early morning is actually the best time to see turtles.

No kidding about this one!!!! It was BOOM BOOM BOOM - When your diving and it's time to head back to the pier, not a minute late! Once you're out from the dive, you have to re-settle your equipment and be ready. We ate the buffet lunch in 15 mins. This is purely quantity diving to help fatten your log book. Please PM Spoon if interested.

Btw, rates at Dive n Trek are worth the 10 dives!

just curious...how much is the rate for the 10 dives u did at D&T? :)

im working on my rescue credentials at the moment...but i think i can squeeze this in...ooh..exciting!

can i join u guys? pwetty please?!? *beautiful eyes*

SO since a number of PPD guys are attending this, it is safe to say it is A DOR event.

bring the SB PPD DOR Banner and make sure no untoward dive incident occurs.

Dive SAfe. WHEN IN DOUBT - ABORT !!!! :wink:

i will be at the next resort, most probably if i have nothing to do much i would hop over and join the marathon and guide you to portulano drift - if the tide shift cooperates.

and at night would be X'mas party and band night as well.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom