1st Back Plate Disappointment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen the webbing cut and wear on multiple plates, Aluminum and Steel at the upper cross over and lower threading holes. The weight of the entire rig is on webbing and edges of the plate thead holes and edges. Recently I saw a double back thread with a glide on a lower slot and I started doing this on both the upper and lower feed thru's. IMO it transfers the load from a rubbing edge to the glide and seems be a much cleaner threading option. Time will tell if it holds up but wbbing is cheap and its worth a try to me.
The attached pictures are with an old plate and webbing I had lying around. note the bend in the upper slot of the plate. This is pretty standard and provides a nice knife edge to wear the webbing. With the double back glide it should reduce this issue.

T1.jpg
T2.jpg
T3.jpg
T4 (1).jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom