1st Annual Scubaboard Family Reunion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver:
Folks...don't forget to dial 511 on your cell phone on the way down for real-time traffic reports!! It is voice interactive. Ask it for "Overseas Highway" and for "Card Sound Road" then make your choice from there as to which way to come.

Does anyone know if Card Sound Road still has those awful construction delays?

The best way right now is come straight on thru. There has been no delays on the 18 mile.

Friday morning should be pretty quiet too, unless there's a major accident. My ex got stuck down there once when there were major accidents on both roads.

Of course there are worse places to be stuck!!! :D

DebbyDiver:
Friday morning should be pretty quiet too, unless there's a major accident. My ex got stuck down there once when there were major accidents on both roads.

Of course there are worse places to be stuck!!! :D
:rofl3:
I try not to leave my little island, I think in fear I might get lost in the land of Miami.

We should be arriving sometime late tonight. No reason to fight rush hour traffic by leaving here during that time.

We're here! Jay is napping and we plan to go kayaking around 5-ish. No sign of our roomies; I guess they are diving!!!

One more hour till I'm off work... what's the best time to head down there? Later in the evening to avoid all the after 5 rush??? Any ideas will help. I was thinking heading out of Ft. Laud around 6/6:30. HELP!!! Please.

Theresa, the only time to avoid the traffic is after 9 pm. When I had a house down here that's when I'd come down. HOWEVER for you it is vacation so put on some good tunes and just leave whenever you can!!! Don't forget 511 on your cell phone...check Turnpike Broward, Turnpike Miami-Dade; I-95 Broward, I-95 Miami-Dade; 836, 826, Overseas Highway and Card Sound Road. I check them before I leave and I check the southern ones about the time I hit the last tollbooth. I look forward to meeting you!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom