1k Shorty Dive Light is here....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to know why as well. It only has three AA batteries.

D'oh, hadn't actually looked at the video or web site, assumed it was using 4 (thinking of a standard AA battery holder)...

The fact remains, tenergy 2500ma cells dont fit, Sanyo Eneloops dont fit (2500ma), so what rechargeables do fit without me having to continue to play the "see what fits" game? the size difference is about .010 over the alkalines that came with it.

As until there are rechargeables that fit, this light becomes a backup only light for me, which is unfortunate, as it has great promise as a good primary from my usage of it.

The fact remains, tenergy 2500ma cells dont fit, Sanyo Eneloops dont fit (2500ma), so what rechargeables do fit without me having to continue to play the "see what fits" game? the size difference is about .010 over the alkalines that came with it.

As until there are rechargeables that fit, this light becomes a backup only light for me, which is unfortunate, as it has great promise as a good primary from my usage of it.
Jeff I am using Sony 2500mah and maxell 2100 mah rechargeables with no size issues i am getting burn times in excess of 80 mins with no real drop off. I kept up with all the wash boys visiting sitka this weekend who where using can lights.

Reactions: p1p
Eneloop fit OK for my light.

As for build quality, I would say it is even better than DRIS500/1000 3C models, which are pretty good to begin with. But no, not the same league as 21W HID, which I also got from Mike.

Jeff I am using Sony 2500mah and maxell 2100 mah rechargeables with no size issues i am getting burn times in excess of 80 mins with no real drop off. I kept up with all the wash boys visiting sitka this weekend who where using can lights.

thx Herb, I'll try and find the Sonys

---------- Post added February 5th, 2013 at 11:07 AM ----------

Peeling off the shrinkwrap, and the 2500ma Sanyo's fit. I didnt try with the Tenergy's, as they are thicker yet still than the Sanyos.

I have been using Sanyo eneloops since I got the light with no problems. My batteries are rated for 1900mah, actually all my AA eneloops are. Do they have some with a higher rating? Maybe that is why they are larger in diameter?

I have been using Sanyo eneloops since I got the light with no problems. My batteries are rated for 1900mah, actually all my AA eneloops are. Do they have some with a higher rating? Maybe that is why they are larger in diameter?

If you noted in my post, they are 2500ma cells.

The Energizer lithiums are 3000ma.

Tighter beam gives you more focused light, and more light in that focused area.

I actually thought it was the other way around. Seems like the original 1000 has the tighter beam.

2013-01-11_13-54-50_869.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom