1980's Jamestown RI Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GMHSR

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone remember the name of a dive shop located in Jamestown RI in the early 1980's? I don't remember the name, but it was located on the corner of the main drag and a side street in downtown Jamestown, I think in a red building. It may have been "Ocean State Scuba" but I am not sure. I need the name to get my replacement certification card I lost a couple years ago.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

It is located on North Road about 5 miles from 138 heading towards beavertail. But as Burhan said it closed years ago

It is a sad story. When I went by what used to be the store (with the pool) few months ago, it appeared that some trucking company took it over.

It's an oil delivery business. I live right up the street.

I suppose no dive shops on Jamestown now, correct?
That is correct. It really sucks becuase we used to be able to take tanks right off my boat, throw them in the truck and run up to get fills. Now it takes a little more planning.

Does anyone remember the name of a dive shop located in Jamestown RI in the early 1980's? I don't remember the name, but it was located on the corner of the main drag and a side street in downtown Jamestown, I think in a red building. It may have been "Ocean State Scuba" but I am not sure. I need the name to get my replacement certification card I lost a couple years ago.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

You’re asking about Jamestown Scuba owned by Bob Clark. Ocean State Scuba was opened during the 1990’s. Both are closed. Bob Clark’s whereabouts is unknown to me.
You’ll probably need to go to whatever agency your cert is from.

That makes it very difficult I think. The closest dive shop is far away as far as I know.

Newport Diving Center over the toll bridge and back four dollars each way and seven dollars for a fill $15.00 cost for an air fill.

Back
Top Bottom