1976 Scubapro Jet Fin (Red White and Blue)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We used to call them Déga, in French it means a mess. I guess it's like the Chevy Nova, in spanish it means ne va or no go!!

We used to call them Dega, in French it means a mess. I guess it's like the Chevy Nova, in spanish it means ne va or no go!!

In 1982 I had a Vega with a small block chevy in it, loved it! Back in the days of Super Shops in SoCal.

Another Vega owner. The car sucked.

You got that straight, that car and a few more like it and the corporate attitude they represented are why an entire generation of car buyers will not even look at a GM product. Mine turned to rust, engine melted with 15,000 miles. I just needed a cheap car to get me through college, did not make it, not close.

The patriotic Rockets were never easy to find, I have only seen a few. By that time most people knew they sucked as bad as a Vega. Jets, very, very good, Rockets, they suck.

We need some sort of Recovering Vega Owners Group, that car warped my personality for life, I am sure of it. I need therapy as a result of the experience.

N

In 1982 I had a Vega with a small block chevy in it, loved it! Back in the days of Super Shops in SoCal.

If it was that aluminum one, bet it blew before 10k miles......

Nemrod:
I just needed a cheap car to get me through college, did not make it, not close.

Me too. I bought a 9 year old F85 Oldsmobile for $100. It was a wonderful car, if my brother hadn't ruined it, I might be driving it still.

Me too. I bought a 9 year old F85 Oldsmobile for $100. It was a wonderful car, if my brother hadn't ruined it, I might be driving it still.

Was that the one with the diesel engine converted gasoline engine that blew pistons into higher orbit than the space shuttle?

Hey, I got almost 15,000 miles on my aluminum block, now, the doors, they rusted out.

I yearly remind GM they owe me 3,295 dollars and 895 dollars for a new block. I always send them pictures of me in my newest Toyotas. GM can go broke for all I care, couldn't happen to a better company. I bought that POC with money made working at a dive store.

N, oh what a feeling!

DSCF0019-4.jpg

DSCF0077-1.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

PS, GM, kiss my rebel rear, yeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The blue one had nearly 300,000 original miles when it died in my drive after bringing me home from being smacked by a Tahoe, it drove me home, never left me stranded, the Tahoe went off on a wrecker. The green one has special equipment. The Taco is still a baby.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom