18# Rec Wing and Single Tank Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakpix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i'm looking to buy a bp/w & doubles setup this winter in preparation for fundies/tech training next spring. of course, i would like to sell off my stab jacket at the same time: so i need a mini-wing for use with an AL80. interested in any brand with three dump points, but my budget is limited by what i can sell my mares vector epic for on scubaboard. please pm me with your interest!

I have a BP and wing XL dive rite for sale. It has rec wing 40lb lift I think and it is set up for single tank now. I would like to get $350.00 Tim

I have an 18lb wing that I use for recreational single tank diving. Sorry, it's not for sale. I love the wing, but I just wanted you to know that it's way too small for any kind of tech. Not even sure it's really Fundies rated since it's so undersized. The wing is so small there really isn't room for more than one dump, plus the inflator of course. By going so small, you really limit the diving you can do with the rig. I get away with it because I have 3 full sets of BP/Ws and can select the best one for the dive. If I could only have one, or was buying my first one, it would be in the 30lb range.

I have a BP and wing XL dive rite for sale. It has rec wing 40lb lift I think and it is set up for single tank now. I would like to get $350.00 Tim

did you read my post? no.

I have an 18lb wing that I use for recreational single tank diving. Sorry, it's not for sale. I love the wing, but I just wanted you to know that it's way too small for any kind of tech.

of course! this is only for low-lift warm water single-AL80 tank dives. i'm buying a seperate doubles wing from OMS for the class. the point is to replace my mares bc with something streamlined when i travel to cozumel/bonaire. what brand is your wing? i know DSS makes one with multiple dumps, and a 12# scooter wing too!

You said a rec wing. Rec wings have 38 lbs of lift.

DiveRites 18lb wing is the travel wing.

Which wing has multiple dumps? I have yet to see one... Not needed with most wings. They are now pretty much all circles, so one rear dump is fine and the inflator to dump.
I have an older Travel wing if you are interested. 18lbs of lift. One rear dump

i'm looking to buy a bp/w & doubles setup this winter in preparation for fundies/tech training next spring. of course, i would like to sell off my stab jacket at the same time: so i need a mini-wing for use with an AL80. interested in any brand with three dump points, but my budget is limited by what i can sell my mares vector epic for on scubaboard. please pm me with your interest!

I think you'll find different wings function slightly different, which will affect your performance. Best to check in with your Fundies instructor for suggestions which will optimize your diving - before buying.

I didn't, and ended up repurchasing some equipment - which was cost-inefficient.

Good luck with your class!!!

i bought the 18lb oxycheq mach v extreme and I LOVE IT. Its been a blast for me when river diving and indestructable for hull cleaning. Good luck to you and I hope you find something! One cheap option if you haven't already thought of it would be a zeagle plate and a wing from an old scout.

Back
Top Bottom