15 Months Diving Around the World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My name is Gary. I just found this site.

I've been on the road traveling since March 2007. I took up diving at the start of my trip and have been diving around the Pacific and Australia. So far I've been diving in Maui, Rarotonga, Fiji, Micronesia, Palu, Great Barrier Reef, and Papua New Guinea. This week I'll be diving in Exmouth, Australia.

I keep an active travel blog where I document my diving and other adventures. I recently got to play underwater photographer for a day in Cairns. You can see the photos I took here.

Learning to dive was probably one of the best things I've every done and has really been the high point of my travels. I plan on diving in Thailand and the Maldives in the upcoming year.

Wow -- Assuming some of those pictures are yours, I'd say you did amazingly well for a first-time underwater photographer!

Your comment about sucking through gas made me chuckle. My husband, who is an avid photographer on land and underwater, always says, "The camera needs its own tank."

Thanks for sharing the links. Your travel pieces are great reading, too.

WELCOME TO :sblogo:
What an amazing adventure! I have been enjoying reading through the blogs and the pictures are beautiful! Thanks so much for coming aboard and sharing!

Carolyn:sharks:

Welcome to
:sblogo:

I envey you. Thats so great many peps here would love to switch places with you. It's very cool you sharing with us! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom