12 more days-Let's talk happy bonaire talk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well one of my "favorite activities" on Bonaire (and from what I've observed multitudes of others) is after a day of some fine diving, relaxing with an adult beverage (or two), & searching for the elusive "green flash" at sunset. Here's a hint for GF watchers; the lower the humidity, and lack of clouds on the horizon, the higher the probability of seeing it.
And for those who haven't yet observed it, keep practicing (but no cheating by holding up a green Heineken bottle to your eyes)! :D

Papaya Moon for some of the tastiest south of the boarder Texas-style fare. Excellent

Ooh, and don't forget that Papaya Moon has 2 for 1 Happy Hour everyday! They have the BEST
Mango Margaritas on the island IMO. :D :D

I'm very pleased that people are trying to stay on topic in this thread and not allowing it to be derailed. :)

Hasn't Papaya Moon moved over into the Harbor and is now called Paradise Moon or something like that? :confused:

It was one of my favorite places to eat...and the desserts....to die for. :eyebrow:

I checked out their new menu at the harbor and the prices seemed to have gone way up. I haven't eaten there since they moved.

The ambiance at the Paradise Moon is much improved over the old location which I believe was turned into a bank. We had a wonderful meal there last July & it will be on our list to return to in less than a week. Love Tex Mex. I did not notice a big increase in prices from the old Papaya Moon which used to be the old Crocantino's which I also miss.

Is that the restaurant near the cruise ship pier and next to the Ice Cream place???? If so it is pretty good!
816_DSC01775_Ribeye_at_Restaurant_Bonaire_12-09_VIII.jpg

Yikes, I knew that it is called Paradise Moon now!! Brain fart. <LOL> No, it isn't near the cruise ship pier, it's at the Harbor...different places.

We noticed an increase in prices, but didn't think it was "big" increase from the year prior. We felt the portions were good and the 2 for 1 Happy Hour had us back at least twice. :wink:

Mossman, you are SO right! We simply suck it up and pay for boat diving on Maui since the hassles of shore diving are far more than we can stand.

Bonaire is a far more relaxing dive vacation in so many ways, but Maui keeps drawing us back with the unique topography, critters, and whales. Guess we'll just have to keep going back to both places. :wink:
Yep, while Bonaire is great, it's a big world out there. My other complaint about Maui/Hawaii is that the eels are very mean - we spent 4 hours in the ER on our last trip after J encountered an eel diving Lighthouse off Lanai. But when you do have to visit the ER, it's refreshing to do so in a nice modern American hospital :D

As much as I like dining in Bonaire, and while I find it very affordable compared to equivalent dining elsewhere in the world, Maui has some incredible dining available (for a price). Sushi at Sansei, exotic local fish at Plantation House or Mama's, David Paul's, Pacific'O and I'O, the Haliimaile General Store, and on and on. I just dread that credit card statement when I return home.

There are only two places in the world where I've so far considered buying a condo because I'll be making repeat visits for certain: Bonaire and Maui.

Rent a boat, load up on tanks, go over to Klein Bonaire and spend the day... take some sandwiches, etc... have a good time!

I think there's rule against that

I am sure you are likely right. They would not want people doing it on their own when they could be paying an operator for the pleasure. But I am sure someone will say for sure.

Back
Top Bottom