12 more days-Let's talk happy bonaire talk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wife and I are torn on where to go. Bonaire is high on the list. We have no knowledge of the island. Appears we have several decent options for places to stay. Everyone has their favorite. I am looking for meal prices since it appears there isn't any type of AI plan available. We only do AI for two reasons: when you are done diving, sometimes it's really nice to just sit down and ask someone to bring you a meal without having to go in search of a place, and it is also nice if you have never been somewhere before. Comfort level while you learn the lay of the land. Grocery store options? 15%, 20%, 30% higher than U.S?

WI Divers

I thought the grocery store prices we pretty much in line with the prices in New Entgland. Maybe 5% more. We've been there twice for a total of about 3 weeks and we rarely ate out. Just make sure your room has a stove.

Wife and I are torn on where to go. Bonaire is high on the list. We have no knowledge of the island. Appears we have several decent options for places to stay. Everyone has their favorite. I am looking for meal prices since it appears there isn't any type of AI plan available. We only do AI for two reasons: when you are done diving, sometimes it's really nice to just sit down and ask someone to bring you a meal without having to go in search of a place, and it is also nice if you have never been somewhere before. Comfort level while you learn the lay of the land. Grocery store options? 15%, 20%, 30% higher than U.S?

WI Divers

I find prices similar to the Coast of Southern California where I live. I do know that folks from other places around the US that live in less expensive places think Bonaire prices are much higher.

In regard to a place to stay, what are you looking for? big? small? on the water? pool? restaurant? Once you can narrow those things down it's easier to make recommendations. I've only stayed at one 'resort' in nine trips; Sand$. I've stayed at Black Durgon, but it's not really a 'resort' lol. I've rented condos (Belmar, Belefonte) or stayed in a private home house sitting the other times. I'm not the big resort type of person, I like the privacy and intimacy of smaller places:D

Back
Top Bottom