12 Days to Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the first floor room on the corner, the one that is directly over the restaurant, so I am real easy to find. I get up early and spend the early hours on the deck or wondering around the dock drinking coffee, I will keep an eye out for you. You are welcome to drop off your bags in the room, crash on the couch or share my coffee if you like.

We're above you and one over. :wink: Thanks for the offer of dropping our stuff, but I booked our room for the night before so we're guaranteed to get in when we arrive. We like to crash for a couple of hours before checking in at BDA and doing our orientation dive.

Don't miss the first Sat. of the month market in Rincon. Go early and find pumpkin pancakes. The 26th is a full moon so Jibe City usually has a full moon party. Tue. night steel band and drinks at Plaza is nice. Don't miss Dia De Art in Wilhelmina Park. It's early July so stop into TCB Inc. on the corner of Kaya Grande to check the dates. Don't miss dinner at Mi Banana for Columbian food. Don't miss Eli's Deli across from Sand Dollar rotary for great sandwiches. Don't miss a stroll along Playa Lechi from north in front of Bistro de Paris all the way down to Divi..2 miles round trip.
The market is really worth the visit? Great!
I personally won't be arriving until late on the 26th. It looks like I'll miss the full moon party:(

Hey! We're at the Plaza! Sounds like Tue. night is the night for party!

Dia De Art is on our schedule, thanks for the note about TCB Inc.

Mi Banana and Eli's I am aware of from past visits. Playa Lechi stroll is that good huh?

phelana, thanks very much for so much input!

Perhaps we should change the title of this thread to the Bonaire meet-up thread :D

Well if it's a meet up thread :)

Family and I (4 of us, 3 diving) coming in on Atlanta flight afternoon of the 26th. We're staying at Villa Chikitu and using BDA. Hope to run into some of you while we're there. I'll try to figure out how to put a photo in my info here if anyone wants to take a look. We're first timers and can't wait to get there!

Crewchef, welcome aboard... And, welcome to Scuba Board!

We have laptops and will be using Internet on Bonaire this time. Last time we decided not to use Internet services and found there were a lot of people following our trip since we were stranded in Puerto Rico for 3 days due to Hurricane Felix... and, they wanted some pictures from our trip.

Question about the 1 non-diver... child, adult... what will they be doing while you are diving?

Thursday nights at Wanna Dive shop, rum and punch party!
Supper at Kon Tiki.
Have a blast and dive safe.

Wife is the non-diver. She'll tag along and do some snorkeling some days and then roam the island, sit by the pool, etc. You have a non-diver going along too?

My son (20) and daughter (15 and newly certified) will be the other divers.

We're bringing a laptop along too and will probably check email and forums most nights.

Figured out how to get profile pic loaded. Just put up one of the wife and I.

Wife is the non-diver. She'll tag along and do some snorkeling some days and then roam the island, sit by the pool, etc. You have a non-diver going along too?
Our group is large. I don't know if there are non-divers in the group

My son (20) and daughter (15 and newly certified) will be the other divers.

We're bringing a laptop along too and will probably check email and forums most nights.

I don't have any on-line pictures stored and couldn't figure out anyway to upload from PC so a quick discription. 6'3" 220lbs, dark hair/eyes mid(late)/40s. Wife and children have dark hair and eyes too. Listen for the southern twang, we're from North Georgia :)
You just described 1/2 the divers on the island :wink:

I am part of another large group staying at the Plaza from 6/26 - 7/3. There are 44 of us at last count! My wife is one of the non-divers in the group. But she likes to nap, read and drink umbrella drinks, so I think she'll be okay.

I just have to survive the next couple weeks at work. Gosh it is difficult!

Figured out the picture posting for profile :) Now maybe you won't yell Tony at 1/2 the divers on the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom