12 Days to Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I start packing next weekend... She started packing weeks ago :)

We have travelled the Caribbean a lot and understand that 4-star in the Caribbean is different from 4-star in some other areas. We have been to Bonaire before and agree it is like a giant liveaboard that never moves :wink:

A large group of ScubaBoard people will be at the Plaza June 26 - July 9th ... some staying the first week, some staying the second week and some staying both weeks!

Who do we need to visit (besides liz)?
What should we NOT miss that is happening while we are there (market, art shows, etc.)?
Who else will be at the Plaza during that time?
Who will be on Bonaire at that time, but at a different location?

The weather is here...!

We're arriving on July 3 and staying at Den Laman! Haven't started packing yet, but also didn't put away the dive gear after doing our gear check "pool dive" a couple of weeks ago either. :)

Are you traveling with GypsyJim's group?

You will have a great time!
Yes, we are all part of that group. We're all stoked for a good time. You should see how much new camera equipment was purchased in the last two months. We've all been keeping up with each other to let the others know who got what gear. (I think we could support a small country for a year with the camera equipment, size of our group, air flights, accommodations and expected expenses while there) :rofl3:

We're arriving on July 3 and staying at Den Laman! Haven't started packing yet, but also didn't put away the dive gear after doing our gear check "pool dive" a couple of weeks ago either. :)
We'll have to get together while you're there and have a drink with everyone :wink:

I think that Herman's group is there at the same approximate time.

He would have to speak to the exact days!

I start packing next weekend... She started packing weeks ago :)

We have travelled the Caribbean a lot and understand that 4-star in the Caribbean is different from 4-star in some other areas. We have been to Bonaire before and agree it is like a giant liveaboard that never moves :wink:

A large group of ScubaBoard people will be at the Plaza June 26 - July 9th ... some staying the first week, some staying the second week and some staying both weeks!

Who do we need to visit (besides liz)?
What should we NOT miss that is happening while we are there (market, art shows, etc.)?
Who else will be at the Plaza during that time?
Who will be on Bonaire at that time, but at a different location?

The weather is here...!

ScottyD, myself and friends will be at Den Laman the first week. I plan to dive with Jim some and hope to meet some of the other SB members.

Looks like you are our relief divers, we will be leaving early on the 4th. :) When are you getting in- early or later in the day? I will keep an eye out for you.

Don't miss the first Sat. of the month market in Rincon. Go early and find pumpkin pancakes. The 26th is a full moon so Jibe City usually has a full moon party. Tue. night steel band and drinks at Plaza is nice. Don't miss Dia De Art in Wilhelmina Park. It's early July so stop into TCB Inc. on the corner of Kaya Grande to check the dates. Don't miss dinner at Mi Banana for Columbian food. Don't miss Eli's Deli across from Sand Dollar rotary for great sandwiches. Don't miss a stroll along Playa Lechi from north in front of Bistro de Paris all the way down to Divi..2 miles round trip.

Herman, we're arriving on the Continental redeye on the 3rd, so will definitely be around since we usually just dive Bari our first day. I have blonde hair and my avatar is my tattoo on my right shoulder (though it's a bit faded now!). My husband is tall, bald, with a 1/2 sleeve koi on his left arm. We're both mid-40s. Look for us!!

Maven & Herman... If you know your rooms, you might PM each other so you all can meet up.

I have a load of ScubaBoard stickers that will make their way around whatever country we land on (benefit of having NetDoc so close here in Fl.) When we were in Saba we were in contact with a Scuba Board member who was booked in the same cottage (Flossie's Cottage) we stayed in, and they were arriving the day we left. We left some staples (Salt, pepper and some un-opened packages of assorted condiments), some SB stickers and a bottle of wine for them. We got together with the resort owners and they agreed to leave those things untouched when the cottage was cleaned.

Those SB'ers thought it was a hoot (maybe that was after they drank the wine we gave them) :D

Herman, we're arriving on the Continental redeye on the 3rd, so will definitely be around since we usually just dive Bari our first day. I have blonde hair and my avatar is my tattoo on my right shoulder (though it's a bit faded now!). My husband is tall, bald, with a 1/2 sleeve koi on his left arm. We're both mid-40s. Look for us!!

I have the first floor room on the corner, the one that is directly over the restaurant, so I am real easy to find. I get up early and spend the early hours on the deck or wondering around the dock drinking coffee, I will keep an eye out for you. You are welcome to drop off your bags in the room, crash on the couch or share my coffee if you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom