12 Days to Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really hope that they are not going to expect people to consider giving up their seats...how does that work?

I have a boarding pass with an assigned seat...my brother can not choose a seat...

What's the deal? does an assigned seat mean I am good and my brother is at risk?

I really hope that they are not going to expect people to consider giving up their seats...how does that work?

I have a boarding pass with an assigned seat...my brother can not choose a seat...

What's the deal? does an assigned seat mean I am good and my brother is at risk?

You are hitting the nail on the head. With a boarding pass and an assigned seat, you are good. Your brother may or may not be able to get a seat. Here is a link to the Delta page on overbooked flights - http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/suspended_travel/index.jsp

He shouldn't freak out over it though. Happens every day and most of the time it works out. There will be late connections or people who dont' get there on time, some will get bumped to first, etc. Just go to gate agent as soon as you get there and hopefully they'll give him one then. I looked earlier and their were at least 10 seats not assigned. Not a lot on flight this big but there's still some there. They were all exit row seats, you probably want see those as available unless your a Medallion member.

I apologize for the minor threadjack, but speaking of medallion membership, what are the experiences of SBers on getting the first class upgrade? I achieved lowly silver medallion status for the first time this year and will be flying to curacao in august. Are there generally enough paying first class customers and gold and platinum people that I will be SOL? Thanks.

Just checked again, there are 36 total seats unassigned including first class. No way to tell how many people are waiting on seat assignment but I would say it's probably going to work out ok. Not sure why they're already posting overbooked? Maybe so they can sell some higher priced tickets, $1,250 to buy one now.

Just checked again, there are 36 total seats unassigned including first class. No way to tell how many people are waiting on seat assignment but I would say it's probably going to work out ok. Not sure why they're already posting overbooked? Maybe so they can sell some higher priced tickets, $1,250 to buy one now.

I wish Delta was like US Air and offered cheap upgrades when you are checking in. I would definitely have bumped if I could.

I apologize for the minor threadjack, but speaking of medallion membership, what are the experiences of SBers on getting the first class upgrade? I achieved lowly silver medallion status for the first time this year and will be flying to curacao in august. Are there generally enough paying first class customers and gold and platinum people that I will be SOL? Thanks.

It varies flight to flight for sure. If you were on this ATL to BON flight odds are pretty good based on what first class looks like right now. You probably have a better chance on Curacao flight than domestic because you won't be dealing with all the business travelers, just those on vacation :) And like me, alot of the Medallion flyers on vacation will use miles for their tickets and won't be eligible for upgrades which makes it easier for a silver to get the upgrade.

Don't count on it but maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise.

I wish Delta was like US Air and offered cheap upgrades when you are checking in. I would definitely have bumped if I could.

Wouldn't bet against it on this flight but it would happen at the gate. Unless there are a lot of Medallion flyers (who didn't use miles) on the upgrade list then they'll offer upgrades to anyone flying for $50, $75 or $100. Probably start at $100 and work their way down until filled.

Just hanging out waiting for SB to invade

Attachments

• showpic.jpg
    showpic.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 40
It varies flight to flight for sure. If you were on this ATL to BON flight odds are pretty good based on what first class looks like right now. You probably have a better chance on Curacao flight than domestic because you won't be dealing with all the business travelers, just those on vacation :) And like me, alot of the Medallion flyers on vacation will use miles for their tickets and won't be eligible for upgrades which makes it easier for a silver to get the upgrade.

Don't count on it but maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise.

Thanks. The flights are all on Saturday, with DC to ATL being at 6AM, so hopefully not too many business travelers. Either way, I'd prefer the upgrade on the 4 hours plus from ATL to Curacao than the 1.5 hours to ATL. We'll see what happens.
:cool2:

Back
Top Bottom