12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stupid question but is that the same route they got in there?

Who would do that
As to why, there is reporting that it is part of a local 'go to the back of the *dry cave* and write their names on the wall' youth challenge/adventure. But the dry cave became a flooded cave.

I see it now. Thanks!

image.jpeg

Two old videos:
Canadian CBS from July 3rd. No mount restriction near boys, then 30meter 'straight up', might not mean 30m depth.

CNN interview with Ben Reymenants, one of those on site, also old, Jul 3rd:

Thanks!

image.jpeg

Elon Musk has been tweeting about a small submarine that is almost complete to pull the kids out in....sounds good, but will it fit through the restrictions.

Elon Musk making “kid-sized submarine” to rescue teens in Thailand cave – Ars Technica

Twitter

No detail is described there. I hope he considers the 4 atmospheres of crust pressure at the very bottom of the sump and he reviews the type of restrictions that the cave divers have to go through with no-mount mode.

No detail is described there. I hope he considers the 4 atmospheres of crust pressure at the very bottom of the sump and he reviews the type of restrictions that the cave divers have to go through with no-mount mode.
It’s made from a fuel line that transfers liquid oxygen, I got the details from the links. On his Twitter he says there are two points forward and two points rear to make line attachments to and two attachments forward and two aft to hook in air cylinders. All attachments are recessed to help navigate through restrictions. Separate compartments to add rocks or lead to for buoyancy adjustments.

On top of that he has been in contact with rescuers, so I assume he is building to their specs....lots of details from those links

Last edited:
For others late to the news, a decent story as of early this morning US time. ABC 5:21 AM ET July 7:
Proposed ‘buddy dive’ plan to rescue boys in Thai cave could launch this weekend
Video on youtube has a synthetic voice over seeming from the article text.

Roughly: A plan of clearing and staging Saturday, buddy dive Sunday, oxygen tanks to kids, oxygen cable plan abandoned due to labyrinth, some drilling for pumping, some fainting in cave (not clear if by the boys), cave O2 level higher at 17.5%, kids O2 saturation levels at 95+%. Some disruption or rethink of the buddy dive plan based on SEAL's death, not clear which.

Edit: "A plan if approved of ...."

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom