12-2-08 B&B Molokini trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On Tuesday I was blessed to dive with Blesi from B&B scuba for the first time "with" my Nikonos rig - so she would point things out and I'd snap away - here are my favorite 10 shots from the day (shot a roll of 24, so it's going a lot better than a few rolls ago where only 1 would turn out) :D

btw - Shooting 35mm film on a Nikonos with dual SB105 strobes and a 20mm lens.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Kinda happy with this one, I removed the left strobe and put it under the ledge - should have done the same with the other one and gone to a smaller aperature (though it may have already been on f22) These baby sharks hang out under a ledge at 16 fsw, so it's a perfect place to do your safety stop at the end of the dive ... though this time it was the middle of the dive - lol

6.jpg

same ledge as above shot

7.jpg

8.jpg

My favorite shot of the day - this Humu had such vivid coloring

9.jpg

10.jpg

So there was my first attempt shooting dual strobes :)

Thanks to Blesi for showing me such a great time and finding all those tako (6 in all I believe) :D It was a wonderful dive day... even if Brad had to work in the shop so you could go diving :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Nice shots...why are you breathing off your octo in the ava?

backup rig - primary reg on 7ft hose happened to have a yellow face ... and better than breathing off the octo in the pic ... they really hate it when you stick them in your mouth :wink:

backup rig - primary reg on 7ft hose happened to have a yellow face ... and better than breathing off the octo in the pic ... they really hate it when you stick them in your mouth :wink:

But we love dem tacos don't we.

Nice pics Tim. Thanks for sharing and, what is this "film" you speak of????

But we love dem tacos don't we.

Nice pics Tim. Thanks for sharing and, what is this "film" you speak of????

Actually it's Tako around here that is the popular one ... though Taco's are not that bad either :wink:

btw, Ken over on DMX was kind enough to give me some tips on editing, so here is my first attempt which I'm quite pleased with (still needs a bit of tweaking, but I'm happy)

butterflies_befores.jpg
butterfliess.jpg

Aloha, Tim

Wow, that editing looks great! How did you do that?

I have never had the pleasure of diving Molokini, just snorkeling with my kids several years ago. Maybe one day!

it looks kinda like this

film.jpg

(image shot with my digital camera though :wink: )

Aloha, Tim

Great shots Tim! What ISO Film were you shooting? I think you should try shooting with faster film... Try ISO 100 ... They even make faster stuff:

Film speed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The higher the ISO the more grain you will get in your photos...

Thanks for sharing and nice work!

BTW I have not used film in any meaningful way in my life... YMMV

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom