12-2-08 B&B Molokini trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great shots Tim! What ISO Film were you shooting? I think you should try shooting with faster film... Try ISO 100 ... They even make faster stuff:

Film speed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The higher the ISO the more grain you will get in your photos...

Thanks for sharing and nice work!

BTW I have not used film in any meaningful way in my life... YMMV

Sean

it looks kinda like this

film.jpg

(image shot with my digital camera though :wink: )

Aloha, Tim

OK I see the container you keep ur ice in but that's that thing next to it? Is that film?

Hey Sean - I'm using ISO 400 as it's the most commonly available at the moment. I was shooting ISO 200 but figured with how dark it is underwater I'd go a little faster speed film.

On land I used to shoot ISO 64 - VERY good color saturation in it, but it was only available in slide format - mostly I used it for taking pictures of stained glass windows :)

Aloha, Tim

Nice shots Tim!,
I shoot everything with 100 or 200, and I only have a single strobe on my Nikonos, still get pretty good results. The SB105 is so wimpy even duals don't do much beyond 3-4 feet, go for the better quality film and adjust the exposure in Photochop, better than losing the resolution in the first place.. Duals are bitch'n though for getting them damned shows under control though.

WOW, that is one cool baby frog fish!!! I'd love to see something like that...gonna have to look! :D

WOW Blesi!! You are the best creature finder!!! :D

See you in Feb.!! Take care, Maggi

Thanks Blesi - I was wondering how that shot would turn out :)

Next time I'm going to try shooting with my 35mm lens instead of the 20 and see if I can get some better macro shots...

btw - here are my first attempts at editing my photos the "Mo2" way :wink:

17_sml.jpg

18_sml.jpg

19_sml.jpg

20_sml.jpg

Aloha, Tim

Last edited:
Those are some sweet photos. I think I probably saw you and the B&B boat. I was on the Mike Severns boat that morning.

I would have some good garden eel shots except that after dropping down to 65', low crawling up to the ells I turned on my digital only to see the last photos I shot. Left to darn thing in display mode instead of capture mode.....

Dough!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom