107 Degrees Farenheit..Global Warming = No coral!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
i cant car pool or take a bike... so where else can we start??
Turn the lights off when you leave a room, open the curtains instead of turning on a light, use power efficient appliances, etc... Every little bit helps and everyone needs to do their part. No individual country or person is to blame for all of it, it is the combined effect of the actions of everyone on this planet that has caused a problem, and it is the combined effect of people doing every little bit that they can that will help to slow and eventually stop it. Of course there are lots of things that can be done politically to help, but everyone can do their part.

~Jess

bvmjethead I could not agree with you more. For instance China has 17 out 20 of the most polluted cities in the world. But thats our fault some how.

jrc:
bvmjethead I could not agree with you more. For instance China has 17 out 20 of the most polluted cities in the world. But thats our fault some how.

Of course, all is made in China today, even the miniature genuine New England lobster boat I bought last summer in Maine. So they have to pollute to make all these dollar store items we buy :wink::D

Its absurd to blame global warming on driving bigger cars vs smaller cars.

Electricity, air conditioning, heating, deforestation, etc all theoretically contribute.

No science has proven that it is even being caused by humans.

Then, on the other hand, we have had the coldest, nastiest winter here in Colorado since 1913!

The one constant that people have talked about since the beginning of people is the weather. It is always changing. It always causes problems. It either too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, too windy, too stagnant!

That said, I too want the reefs and beauty of nature to be perserved for my children, grandchildren, and so on. I hope things cool down in Honduras for you!

The problem with GW is that it will make some parts of the world warmer but some colder. Seems I'm in the colder part since we had the coldest february month in decades :sigh:

:( and a huge majority of that coal china burns is from australia

Thanks Jess - during the week our govt announced we have to change all our light globes within 3yrs so i will do this sooner than later..... as in TODAY and im off to the hardware store to buy them now. its a small step but my first

Why is it - every time there is a hot day somewhere, it's because of global warming?

howarde:
Why is it - every time there is a hot day somewhere, it's because of global warming?

don't know why...but I'll go fry some beans in the hood of my SUV right now and then look I'll look up some stats.

HEY....bvmjethead that might be a solution...instead of me burning coal here in Honduras I can just teach everyone to cook their meals on top of cars....

wonder what it would taste like???.....still beans are beans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom