?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Photocoz

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
Can one of you scubaboard vetrans educate me please?
I have heard you guys talk about threads being taken away, locked, hijacked, etc but I have never understood this. Where did my posts go about the reports on the status of the island after Emily? And why? Did I do something wrong?
Thanks for your time in this,

The posts were perhaps put in the general Emily/Coz thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=104493

If you click on your profile, do a "see other posts" selection, that's what it looks like.

(the individual posts are about a single topic, news on Emily's impact, so it makes sense that they have been moved to that topic)

Did you get a PM from a mod about it?

James Goddard:
Did you get a PM from a mod about it?
I have sent the PM, indeed what markfm stated is the case, i merged a whole slew (12 in all) of threads into one, i have not PM'd all thread originators at this time as i have only just finished moving the threads.

Why did you do that? It certainly does NOT make it any easier to follow at the moment. I posted something in the "suggestions" forum about this. Due to the importance of this situation, and the quick changing sources of information, it makes NO sense to move these threads around.

James Goddard:
Slowpoke :D, I mean come on, there were only, what 10 threads :wink:
I was PM'ing to Photocoz while you guys were chatting in this thread too :wink:

mattboy:
Why did you do that? It certainly does NOT make it any easier to follow at the moment. I posted something in the "suggestions" forum about this. Due to the importance of this situation, and the quick changing sources of information, it makes NO sense to move these threads around.
I have PM'd the other thread originators and if anyone was missed out then just PM me. As for the reasoning, many of those threads were updates on previous threads that were posted only a few hours earlier, a few asked how x and y people were doing and what conditions were like. On the merged thread you have the answers to those questions and the people who were asked about (x and y) have either posted or people have mentioned they were recently on the phone to them and so on. Sure 12 threads gets the info out there, but not efficiently and from a quick read through it seems to still flow 90-95% of the time. As i have PM'd the thread originators now, if they had a specific question they can now find where that was moved to.

Your concern has been noted though. I also spoke to ggunn prior to this regarding the movement of Coz/Emily related threads and suggested that if a whole range of threads started up that i would scoop them together if it seemed helpful to focus the info/point of contact rather than having any more threads sent from the Coz forum to the stormwatch forum.

In this case there were definatly too many threads going on at once. Better to have them in one place IMHO.

James

Names of threads merged:
'Island status as Emily gets closer'
'Emily's on her way'
'Emily'
'Looks like Hurricane Emily will hit Coz on Sunday night!'
'COZUMEL - Not as bad as it could have been!!!!'
'Latest Cozumel Status Report'
'Still alive at 11:00'
'11:00AM (Coz Time) report'
'ANy phone contact?'
'Anyone had any news from Cozumel this morning'