1000 posts and still not Red?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont have that power..or any powers for that matter:) It'll be shortly though..WELCOME!

@The Chairman
Oh, any of us can do it.

On the subject of being... does one HAVE to be red if s/he chooses to be a sponsor or supporter?

In the early 2000's I was a supporter for 2 or 3 years but had the ability to not display any labels, is that still possible?

yes

The number of posts signifys the amount of time one hangs on a site...i consider forums a form of entertainment and those with high post counts obviously get some sort of entertainment from being here....entertainment here is free, but one should consider the financial strength of the site remains so one can continue to enjoy, well entertainment. I do disagree with the “set amount” indicated in the forum, but I don’t make the rules up here...comparing a forum to NPR’s millions of viewers isn’t apples to apples my any means.

Just look how much entertainment this thread created.:D

Hi flyboy,

I am late to this party. But, I have not found anything immoral, unethical, or tasteless about anything you have posted so far.

There is nothing wrong with asking a simple question.

Thanks for the effort,
markm

Your characterization of the OP's post as "sales" is problematic. To wit:
He's not on staff. I'm not sure where I suggested this as a sales initiative. It's not.

The OP is a concerned ScubaBoard Citizen and doesn't understand why more people haven't decided to support a site they seem to use a lot. It's not a "calling out", as much as it's simple consternation.
You can't have this both ways:
We do have it both ways. No one staff, myself included, has suggested that you need to donate to play. In fact, in most every post I've made in this thread, I've pointed out that we want everyone here, supporter and non-supporter alike. I even went as far to point out that there is more than one way to support SB.

FWIW, while I did not find the OP tasteless, that certainly would not be against the ToS. I appreciate the users passionate enough about ScubaBoard to support the effort. Many of the other "former" forums were not as lucky and they are gone. I want to stick around.
I do disagree with the “set amount” indicated in the forum,
We set these up back in 2002 to get us to DEMA. Not much has changed since then.
Just look how much entertainment this thread created.:D
There is that and again, it has resulted in a renewed awareness of the Go Red program. Thanks for that.
This site has an easy-breezy approach to people who they know are using the resource without putting anything into it. You don't find that approach all that often IRL. One can add by posting or contributing if one so chooses...
Thank you. We get that not everyone can or even wants to contribute. Glad you're still here!
True to my word, today is pay day and I went red. Thanks for all you do for the diving community around the world.
And thank you! You're helping to keep the lights on, no doubt about it.

So, explain about supporting SB.
Possible by donation only?
Where does that money go, what does it do? Does it all go into the site? How much does it contribute to Pete slowly but surely taking ownership of northern Florida ? :D
Are you sure that contributing to content and traffic to a site with advertisements as well as clicking on said advertisements every so often is not also a form of contribution? The great content here (not my drivel) certainly is - or is it not?
Anyway, seriously what happens with contributions? What happens with ad revenue or possible other revenue? What kind of business entity (ScubaBoard is a business - or am I thinking quite wrong there? (I know that I am good at that at least) would one be contributing to?
I thought it was a donation issue.

Advertisements:

This sub topic was broached earlier. I am thankful for the ads and the sponsors. This is a commercial enterprise and requires positive cash flow to stay solvent.

The ads make this a "free" community for us to use, share, and gain entertainment from.

When I do become a supporter, I won't turn off the ads. Yes, I am guilting those that do, to please think about the big picture. Ad revenue is all about hits. No hits, no revenue.

Yes, I am guilting you...
markm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom