1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if (okay, WHEN) my wife finds out........

my only hope is since they look the same........

okay, I'm DEAD!!!!!!

Reactions: Jax
According to the DRIS website The 1000 Lumen light is the same as the 500 Lumen light except for an updated driver. Can the driver in the 500 L light be updated?

According to the DRIS website The 1000 Lumen light is the same as the 500 Lumen light except for an updated driver. Can the driver in the 500 L light be updated?
Yes it can, by ordering............ The new light :wink:

Why do you want me to have so many lights? It is very tempting with the discount since I bought the 500 light. Who can't use another light?

I promise I won't try to break the paypal option this time :D

Just noticed this.... I wish I had not bought the 500 Lumen version.. Definitely can't afford another UPS trip to Canada....

Why must you treat us like Iphone users. After diving with the 500 I have to get this one. I'll just have to have a stiff drink tonight. Oh on another note the DRIS mat was nice on my toes. Please no more I'm tapping out.

My 500 was handy last night when the power went out. Made the room really bright.

:angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:

1000 lumens!! I recently bought 2 of the 500 lumens!

However, I'm not bent about it. 400 min burn time on the 500 lumen vs 300 minutes for the 1000 lumen for about 30% more light - I'm cool with the 500 lumen. The light of the 500 lumen penetrates well in low vis. Since I also plan to use it for a primary on ocean night dives, I really don't want more light than is offer by the 500 Lumen (don't want to blind or scare off marine life). It is really not important for my night dive to be visible from space :D. It would be more than just an "oops" if you accidentally flash your 1000 lumen light in a dive bud's face on a night dive - talk about trashing night vision :fire:.In fact, I may likely need less than 500 lumens for the night dive. I'm not sure the rush to get more and more lumens is always the best thing. Marine life would probably agree. As for penetrating low vis with particulates in the water, at some point more lumens really aren't helping vis. It may seem brighter, but that is just more light reflecting back off particulates and not really more useful vis.....

So, I'm ok with the 500s.

BTW, this is not a bash at DRIS. Quite the opposite. They rock! This is just my ramblings about "how much is too much" when it comes to lights. The answer in the market place seems to be "Hey, I still have some retina left. Let's kick it up a notch":confused:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom