100 dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhatD1ver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean much to some people, but to me it's a pretty significant milestone, and the fact that I've spent the last year working to accomplish it means quite a bit to me. I'm currently sitting at 90 dives, with a three dive day in Taiwan next week, and then a two dive day in southern China the first week in June.

The big milestone will happen at Coron Bay while I'm working my wreck and sidemount specialties (yep, going sidemount), we are scheduled for 18 dives while I'm there 12 wreck and 6 shore (mostly for my sidemount and some rescue training)... so about 5 dives in I'll hit it.. the wife is jealous...

So, I'm just wondering if there are any diving traditions over 100 dives?

And let me say, I've learned a lot this year. There were a couple pretty intense dives along the way. A couple that tested my desire to keep diving. A couple great chances to see whale sharks up front and personal (hey, he ran me over, I didn't have to move an inch). And the thing I am seeing now is that the 'little stuff' is becoming more visible to me, very slowly. And that is exciting, almost as exciting as whale sharks and mantas. Who'd have thought slugs could be so darn pretty?

I look back on a couple dives and I'm not proud of them. Too much BAD could have happened. And I look at what I want to do going forward, and I think I'll be a better dive for the experience, it's already water under the bridge, but I can learn from it. And my wife and I had a dive where we learned to be 'buddies', and that there isn't a place for pride 100' down.

The boat we were on made a big deal of Debbie's 100th dive, off the Kona coast, and I made her a commemorative shirt. The 100th dive should be celebrated by something, and the bigger the better. Be sure to include a commemorative custom shirt, with date, location, and !00TH dive all prominenty displayed.
DivemasterDennis

Congratulations!

Take a bottle of champagne and share it with the people on the boat :)

Congratulations! on 100 dives plus good to see you still taking training classes, remember that as divers we are always learning. If you look back when you reach dive 200 you will not believe how much you have leaned since dive 100 and that as a diver you evalute everything around you and become watchful of any other divers in the water with you.

Congratulations as well. It should be less boring than mine was.

Congratulations! Any way you look at it - and whether you did it naked or not (I didn't, I was working) - 100 dives is a significant investment in time, training, and dedication to the diving life. It's the minimum requirement for being an instructor, and many more than hundreds of thousands of divers will log in a lifetime.

Be proud of, and do not underestimate, your achievement.

Cheers!

C.

Congrats It is a big deal, as it means you are committed to the diving community so many are in for 5 minutes and then you see their gear on ebay. I agree keep on learning even if it is not a course you can learn something from almost everyone and sometimes it is how not to do something.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom