10 most deadly animals to humans.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Took notes from a couple of specials a few years back, one on Animal Planet, one on Discovery Channel. Both had similar lists to the one you found, but with somewhat varying numbers, participants and sequence. (e.g. hyenas and bears are missing)

Besides those mentioned by others that are "greater" than snakes, I'll add domestic animals.

But the main points for scuba divers seem to be that sharks are well down the list, and below "jellies".

And not even on the close neighbor to the order of magnitude. Sharks are insignificant on the list.:idk:

Also not on the list are Donkeys, apparently in mortality statistics Donkeys rate an honorable placement. just ask shreck.

I'd say humans would be number one. We're more deadly to ourselves than anything else.

No doubt in my mind that this is the truth.

If looking back over history the flea should make that list as it wiped out a huge percentage of the European population. Worms would be on my list as well.

oh and the hippo should be WAY higher on that list. Far more dangerous than just about any animal on that list.

Again, not the flea but the plague bacillus.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Non Diving Related

i dont know...the white mountains in the middle of bug season? if youre not careful some of those bad boys might fly away with small children..

Thats my point, the NY bugs arent scared of you, they dont bother to carry off their prey, they'll eat you right where they find you!

Back
Top Bottom