10 most deadly animals to humans.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once heard two of them arguing about if they should take their meal home or eat it right there.

Having suffered from Dengue fever I would be happy to see all mosquitos eliminated from the planet. I am sure they fill some valuable niche in the ecosystem however on the whole I reckon we could live without them.
Hate them to the point of insanity myself. But not only are they food for many critters out there. They are also second only to the bee as a pollinator...go figure

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the mosquitos, it's the company they keep, Plasmodium falciparum, that does all the killing.

That's like saying it's not the crocs but the teeth they hang with. :D

Obviously you've never met the man-killing grizzly mosquito of the Adirondack Mountains, Anopheles ursus horribilis as it is known scientifically, has been documented devour entire adult humans in a single meal.

i dont know...the white mountains in the middle of bug season? if youre not careful some of those bad boys might fly away with small children..

Mosquitoes.
I wish they'd respect the 'no fly' period after a dive.

(Sorry...)

timegan:
But not only are they food for many critters out there. They are also second only to the bee as a pollinator...go figure

That's because only the female bites. Males are peaceful vegetarians.

Took notes from a couple of specials a few years back, one on Animal Planet, one on Discovery Channel. Both had similar lists to the one you found, but with somewhat varying numbers, participants and sequence. (e.g. hyenas and bears are missing)

Besides those mentioned by others that are "greater" than snakes, I'll add domestic animals.

But the main points for scuba divers seem to be that sharks are well down the list, and below "jellies".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom