10 lb. Challenge #2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started this challenge on the 8th with a weight of 170.1lbs...

Today I'm down to 164.5lbs

So I'm already 5.6lbs into the 10lbs - only 4.4lbs to go!

I have no idea why I've dropped so much, I changed my diet slighty, so I'm eating way more fruit and veg and eating my dinner much earlier , but to drop 5.6lbs in 5 days :confused: but whos complaining! :D

I am at goal +8, so I have dropped 4 so far.
I read an interesting article last night about weight loss. This woman changed the way she ate, almost by accident and lost a lot of weight without really trying. She had dinner for Breakfast, and Breakfast for dinner. Had a good meal in the morning, a snack, lunch, snack, then a small breakfast for dinner because she was not that hungry. Lost like 40lbs in a couple months without even trying.

my personal secret--or maybe just so I don't get discouraged all at once--is that my weigh in is ONLY ONCE A WEEK. Saturday morning is the time I record my weigh gain...or loss for the week. So far, I'm at negative 7 pounds since the New Year!! only 20 more to go to meet the FIRST goal.

Start the clock, I'm off for my run. These winter pounds suck and I won't let them get me this winter. I warn you though, I can lose it pretty quick when I start my running.:D But I am very honest..........................GO:eek:uttahere

If I win you can give that hat to the next winner. I have too many already.

Scuba_Jenny:
I am at goal +8, so I have dropped 4 so far.
I read an interesting article last night about weight loss. This woman changed the way she ate, almost by accident and lost a lot of weight without really trying. She had dinner for Breakfast, and Breakfast for dinner. Had a good meal in the morning, a snack, lunch, snack, then a small breakfast for dinner because she was not that hungry. Lost like 40lbs in a couple months without even trying.

Interesting point you bring up Jenny. I have always felt if you eat a big meal in the evening you don't have time to metabolize it before you go to bed so it sits on you, and encourages weight gain if your metabolism is slow or (just does not work, like mine).

Personally I don't like to eat much after 6:00, 6:30 at the very latest, makes it had when a bunch of people are going out to dinner and you don't even get seated until 8:00 pm. Frequently I won't even eat (which makes it even harder if you don't get to eat earlier)

I often have been known to have cereal for dinner :D

I'm with Linda...I try not to eat after 6:30... In the summer it is not as bad because it stays light out longer so I am more active. 3.6Lbs in the last 2 weeks.

CBulla:
I win I win - I put on 10# first!! :D

Umm, you know, I think it is suppose to be the first one to lose 10# but I guess you can get the booby prize and we will give you all the weight we lose. Sound fair?:D

Wow. I'm down 4 lbs for this challenge. Way cool.

I'm getting a late start, since I forgot to weigh myself. I'll try to get that done, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom