1 year ago today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitedstorm:
:11: you must know my husband..... lol !!!

Was he the one in the staleto heels and the tight leather mini the other night? :D

I can really laugh at this one since I am not married. Most people have a comment (usually something about being gay) about me being single and never married at the age of 35.(my GIRLFRIEND of 4 years is good proof that I'm not). My reply is usually " no I'm not gay, I just love sex too much to get married". You should see some of the looks I get.

Thanks everyone! It was really tough for about the first 3 months. It got infinitly easier after that. Never the less, 1 year is still a huge milestone worthy of celebration!

To make it more intersting, I quit cold turkey at the spur of the moment. I had no idea that day would be my last day of smoking when I woke up.

My wife said "You can buy this truck if you quit smoking." and I put out my last cigarette at 9pm 4/29/03 right before signing the papers. :D

crpntr133:
Was he the one in the staleto heels and the tight leather mini the other night? :D

I can really laugh at this one since I am not married. Most people have a comment (usually something about being gay) about me being single and never married at the age of 35.(my GIRLFRIEND of 4 years is good proof that I'm not). My reply is usually " no I'm not gay, I just love sex too much to get married". You should see some of the looks I get.

hehehehehe!!! I meant because he shares your same thoughts about once the ring goes on theres no more sex .. (pfft, or so he thinks)

heck i would have quit for a truck but basically my wife really wanted me to quit before we got married. i quit the DAY we got married. i quit cold turkey too, be three years this July.

good job dude

Never have had the bad habit myself.....but CONGRATS to your health!!!!

Congrats Detonate... I'm like jearing that it can be done. I quit about 4 months ago. 2 days before New Years i decided to quit as a new years resolution, then decided that it was stupid to keep killing myself for 2 more days and just quit then. The first couple of weeks were pretty hard, but i'm stubborn and decided that since cigarettes didn't have breasts, i wasn't going to let them tell me what to do. It's been pretty easy since then. A few times while out drinking i wanted one, but then i just walked by someone smoking that felt sick...

It's good to see someone still not smopking 2 years later....

There are a few issues i have with smokers now that i've quit. things that made sense to me while i smoked, but now just seem silly. Smoker's rights that's pretty funnt, and the stupid justifications. I now feel obliged to remind people that smoking kills them, more often than not i get the explanation... "Ya know, i went and had a physical not too long ago, my heart is in great health, i have low cholesterol, never even get a cold..." Oh, well in that case, go ahead and smoke, it's the rest of us that were born dying that have to worry about smoke.... dumb@$$... :) If you choose to smoke, that's fine, but don't justify it like there's anything that makes it a good idea....

Sorry to steal your thunder.,..

Detonate:
Thanks everyone! It was really tough for about the first 3 months. It got infinitly easier after that. Never the less, 1 year is still a huge milestone worthy of celebration!

To make it more intersting, I quit cold turkey at the spur of the moment. I had no idea that day would be my last day of smoking when I woke up.

My wife said "You can buy this truck if you quit smoking." and I put out my last cigarette at 9pm 4/29/03 right before signing the papers. :D

That's really great, man. Congratulations. sounds like you wife really knows which buttons to push :)

R..

Congratulations, Detonate! I didn't even like cigarettes when I quit 19 yrs ago, and it was STILL hard to quit, so I can imagine how hard it is for people who really like them.

I'm proud of you!
Foo

Congratulation Detonate, 6 months here.

Back
Top Bottom