1 Day of diving on Cayman. What to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grand Cayman is a great place for diving. If I were you I would not waste my only day there with an average shore dive. There are lots of operators there that can take you family out to some great walls or shallow reef sites. We always use Jason with Ambassador Divers. Ambassador Divers Ltd., Grand Cayman Exceptional scuba diving in the Cayman Islands There are many dive sites to choose from and these guys have always been very accommodating to our requests.

Have Fun!

pir8 why spend a $100.00 for a boat dive to eden rock when you can spend $16.00 and do 2 tanks at the same site from shore? They charge $10.00 for the first tank and $6.oo or the second.

Did you bother reading the whole post? I mentioned that another poster had a problem with the operator at Eden Rock so another option is to use a different operator.

Yeah I read the entire thread.I dove eden rock yesterday with eden rock and they were fine.If I was doing a boat dive i wouldn't do eden rock .Sometimes there are personality conflicts and sometimes shop keepers can be rude .

There is another dive operation right next to eden rock at the paradise resturant.They can dive there ,which is about 25 yrds from eden rock,and not have to deal with the people from eden rock dive and the prices are the same.I think that is a better option for diving eden rock than to pay $100.00 per person for a dive boat .

I'd say for quick shore dives based on where you'll arrive in Georgetown you might consider Eden Rock and Devils' Grotto... great and affordable given you're all certified.

If you head out on a boat dive... there are too many to mention. Orange Canyons are nice, as is the Aqaurium, the Oro Verde,... Trinity Caves is world renowned.

Any of those would be fun.

If you want good shore diving head to either Sundivers at the Turtle Farm or Divetech at Lighthouse Point (just south of the Turtle Farm)

I would avoid Eden Rock at all costs.

What was your problem with Eden Rock? I wonder if it was the site or the operator? Did you do a guided dive? I'll be on a cruise that goes to GC in Feb and trying to decide what to do. I snorkeled years ago at what I thought was Eden Rock and didn't see much. Apparently I was fooled by the restaurant with the similar sign. I wonder if the shore sites got beat up by the hurricanes this year. I've heard the walls are great there, so I'm thinking of doing that but wonder if the North, South or West wall dives were best and which operators people recommended. I would like to do the Stingray city dive also, but I have done the Stingray sandbar snorkel before, so I think I'm better off seeing the walls. Welcome any feedback!

What was your problem with Eden Rock? I wonder if it was the site or the operator? Did you do a guided dive? I'll be on a cruise that goes to GC in Feb and trying to decide what to do. I snorkeled years ago at what I thought was Eden Rock and didn't see much. Apparently I was fooled by the restaurant with the similar sign. I wonder if the shore sites got beat up by the hurricanes this year. I've heard the walls are great there, so I'm thinking of doing that but wonder if the North, South or West wall dives were best and which operators people recommended. I would like to do the Stingray city dive also, but I have done the Stingray sandbar snorkel before, so I think I'm better off seeing the walls. Welcome any feedback!

My beef with Eden Rock is in this post. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3225868-post19.html

The shore sites had some damage from the hurricane but it was mainly shallow.Most of the damage is from divers. The more popular and easily accessible the site the worse it is. Funny that! Sunset House is my favorite location near Georgetown.

The walls are wonderful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom