1 day of cenote diving - which to pick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second Grand Cenote. I think it is nicer than Dos Ojos.

Hmm . . . my computer has always said that the temperature was 75 to a low of 73. I have never seen 70 in the caves in MX.

I agree that Eden is a BEAUTIFUL place to swim -- I love the mosses and the cichlids displaying to one another, and the little, timid eels. I think Taj is a better place for halocline, though, especially if you can be there to see the Points of Light. Eden is really nice if you want to stay where it feels very open and there is a lot of light; Taj, Dos Ojos, and Grand will give you a bit more of a "cave-like" feel.

I did Taj and Chac Mool. Chac Mool was pretty interesting, but Taj took the cake - haloclines, some fish life, interesting formations, and amazing light effects.

We snorkeled in Gran Cenote, and the family of non divers loved it.

Don't supposed Taj is really close to Grand Cenote. This way we can do Dos Ojos together with the snorkelers while the divers head off to Taj while snorkelers go to Grand - all in one day!

I'm really interested in the halocine.

Don't supposed Taj is really close to Grand Cenote. This way we can do Dos Ojos together with the snorkelers while the divers head off to Taj while snorkelers go to Grand - all in one day!

I'm really interested in the halocine.

Close is always relative. Taj and Chac are very close. Gran is right outside Tulum, about 20 mins away from Akumal which is about 15 away from Chac, taj being closer. Roundabout way to get to it, but it's no more than 30 mins between them. One option is to drop off the snorkelers at Akumal to see rays and turtles whilst you dive taj, pick them up, grab lunch, then head to Gran together. There are two dive routes in dos ojos, so you'd be there a while and the snorkelers would get pretty cold.

Akumal with us at dos ojos and then onto Grand sounds like a fantastic idea. This sounds like the answer to me. Thanks everyone.

Hello heehee62, my name is Alvaro Gonzalez, I´m an scuba diving instructor, I´ve been teaching scuba diving and conducting groups of divers in this area of Mexico for over 32 years, I run AlwaysDiving which is located at Embarcadero Caribbean Carnival at the hotel zone of Cancun.
Definetely the option for divers and snorkelers in the same trip is "Dos ojos" cenote, we do this tour once at the week, transportation, lunch and drinks are included, we will more than gladd to take care of you and your family.
I really believe in make friends not costumers, so contact me I warantee full satisfaction.
I love what I do!!!
Alvaro.

---------- Post Merged at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:10 PM ----------

And I do speak perfect english, spanish and portuguese, so we are going to understand each other very well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom