1 Day in Cozumel Only Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalOffshore

Contributor
Reaction score
We are taking a cruise and will be in Cozumel on Monday, November 22nd. for the day only. Would like a 2 tank dive, who is the best dive shop to use? Thanks for the input.

You just opened the proverbial can of worms! :11:

I've never been on a cruise, but from what I've heard it's best to use the cruise line to set it up for you with your limited time there.

Lemme see, there's Blue XT Sea, Blue Bubble, Caballito del Caribe, Dive Palancar, Dive Paradise, Diving with Alison, Living UnderWater, Papa Hogs, Sea Scuba, and many others...umm, did I leave anyone out? :D

SoCalOffshore:
We are taking a cruise and will be in Cozumel on Monday, November 22nd. for the day only. Would like a 2 tank dive, who is the best dive shop to use? Thanks for the input.

My Brother did the Family cruise in June
the Ship was charging somewhere in the hood of $120. for two tanks.

I would pick from the Dive shops mentioned and save the cash.

Cash or hassle and time, which are you prepared to spend more of?

The Cruise ship will most likely have some arrangement with some dive op and it would probably be the least hassle and the least time.

Most of the reputable dive ops with small boats would most likely be willing to pick you up somewhere, but you need to get gear and all that too.

Perhaps Christi can point you towards the shops that are closest to where the cruise ships dock.

Wristshot

Nov 22 last year I was in Coz for the day with a cruise. My friends went out with Aldora Divers and had pleanty of time.

I jsut spent 8 days diving in cozumel--went with dive paradise. They have a shop/dock that is a short cab ride from the cruise ship dock. They respond quickly when you contact them on their website( http://www.diveparadise.com). I was very pleased with their service.

Greg

The crusise ship does not have scuba!! It is true, not on Grandeur of the Seas. I have emailed some, off the PADI web site. I was just wondering if anyone had personal experience with one or more and could make a reccomendation.

SoCalOffshore:
The crusise ship does not have scuba!! It is true, not on Grandeur of the Seas. I have emailed some, off the PADI web site. I was just wondering if anyone had personal experience with one or more and could make a reccomendation.

I can personally recommend Blue XT Sea as a good cruiser friendly dive operation. Yes you will have to take a taxi to meet the dive boat, but that will be true with most any op you use.

What time will you be arriving? That will make the difference. If you arrive too late in the morning, you will be hard pressed to find a dive OP that will leave late enough for you to meet the morning boat. You are going to have that problem in Grand Cayman with an arrival time of 10:30. You may end up having to do a shore dive there.

We get in at 7 am in Cozumel. So I think we will be fine for a am dive. Grand Cayman, not untill 10:30 am so we will be more limited. Diving next week in the Channel Islands again here in So Cal.

Grandeur of the Seas, is a Royal Caribbean ship so she should be docking at he international peir. Take a look at Dive with Martin as he is located there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom