1-09-10 PCB Conditions Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PatMyGreen

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
Air temp was 29*F when we were loading the boat just before 9am. Lots of ice on the boat from the rain that puddled. We had to turn on the hot water hose and clear it off and pound it off the bench just like my buddy Sig Hanson. North Wind was holding steady at 15 knots. Water temp in the marina read at 39*F when I first turned on the sounder!!! As we motored into the lagoon the temp climbed to 46*F and then climbed again as we hit the incoming tide in the pass to a balmy 53*F. On the Strength we had vis of 25' and the bottom got warmer as you descended to a 57*F bottom temp. Span 12 had better vis and a decent gag hiding in plain sight came back aboard too.

Definitely felt like Deadliest Catch our there temp wise, there was so much smoke on the water. Everyone had a good time and smiled all day but then again euphoria is a sign of hypothermia! I did alot of this :coffee: (the Kuerig coffee maker rocks) while bubble watching behind the enclosure. We did not see anyone else silly enough to go offshore today while we were out.

We were down thier in mid Oct. and we set a record low on that perticullar day. My first dive the the bottom temp. hit in the high 50's. But the next day it was back in the 70's. I have never seen it so cold in Oct. before. Well not to me anyway. We have been going down in Oct. for the last few years. We froze on the surface int.

The enclosed cabin really helps on the interval and the hot drinks I think have made a world of difference. This is also the coldest earliest it has been in recent memory for me. I used to joke about hitting an iceberg when I do the safety brief in the process of explaing where life jackets and epirbs and such are..... it would not have been much of a stretch today had we seen any pack ice!

Back
Top Bottom