Poseidon Cyklon 5000 - is there any M26 available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grimstone

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello people,
I have searching for a conversion of a poseidon cyklon 5000 first stage to a M26 fillet. Does someoane know if there is any manufacturer that does a kit to convert a normal cyklon 5000 to a M26 type? Basically I need the stem that threads in the regulator body and the round part with fillet to go on a M26 oxygen bottle valve. I looked at Poseidon but they do not do such a variant of this first stage. I know that an adapter is but I would prefer not to use an adapter.

Thanks for suggestions.

Hi,

I'm afraid you're looking for a unicorn there... Never heard, nor seen such a kit. I fear you'll be compelled to have it tailor made.

Maybe this shop can help you : TECME

They're know for designing parts on request, good reputation. Never used this service personally though, just bought some spare parts from them, years ago.

Maybe try a European shop? I recall M26 is a newer Euro invention for Nitrox (and sales)...
Since Poseidon is Swedish, they might have parts that should fit?

It is a conscious decision by poseidon to not offer m26 for any reg except their Duration.
It's something to do with liability and their belief that you can never completely O2 clean a reg which has used non O2 compatible oils/greases in the manufacturing proces.

Just change the valve in your cilinder to a normal din valve and never look back.
Its something the European Union paperwork providers invented to get some extra safety margin in an area without a lot of problems.
You should not have any problems in finding an O2 clean Din valve or a place to renew the internals of the present valve and get the body O2 clean.
In the Netherlands I did not hear anybody getting in trouble when using a nitrox cilinder with a "Normal" valve. (when O2clean)

Happy diving,
Bas

Just change the valve in your cilinder to a normal din valve and never look back.
Its something the European Union paperwork providers invented to get some extra safety margin in an area without a lot of problems.
You should not have any problems in finding an O2 clean Din valve or a place to renew the internals of the present valve and get the body O2 clean.
In the Netherlands I did not hear anybody getting in trouble when using a nitrox cilinder with a "Normal" valve. (when O2clean)

Happy diving,
Bas

Too true. Only place where M26 is a nuisance is in my beloved homeland France : most tek oriented filling station won't bother you about it, but anywhere else beware !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom