Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never something like this with Non balanced p-valves

This is from over pressure when flushing, don’t over pressurize and it won’t happen, if you’ve messed it up it simple to pop it open and smooth the valves back down and it’s as good as new.

Never something like this with Non balanced p-valves

Also, I use a dry break female QD fitting in the hose from the pee valve. If I don't have it hooked up, any water that comes through the pee valve into the hose will be stopped by the QD. And if I do have it hooked up, the furthest a leak could go would be to the inside of my condom catheter. But, really, I think air in the hose and being sealed from the inside (by me and my condom catheter) would keep the water from coming in that far.

I am 99% sure I can get my (inner) zipper all the way open (past the zipper saver strap), but I have not walked out to the garage to look at it since these latest posts. If I can remember later, I will look at it to verify.

It may be dependent on how tall you are. I am 6' 1". Possibly for people that are shorter than I am, they don't make the zipper cover long enough?

As for protecting the main zipper and the zipper saver strap, it seems like maybe having the zipper cover zipper a little more closed than the main zipper would be adequate to protect the main zipper, even without getting the main zipper open all the way to the zipper saver strap.
So based on this discussion, it leads me to a question: is the zipper cover necessary? If someone was buying a new drysuit, would it be better just to skip it? On my Ultra I don't have a zipper cover and it's fine.

So based on this discussion, it leads me to a question: is the zipper cover necessary? If someone was buying a new drysuit, would it be better just to skip it? On my Ultra I don't have a zipper cover and it's fine.

I would skip it if i had known they'd make it like this.

The thing is I'm 5 11 and I have a DUI and the zip cover is positioned perfectly above the inner zip

If i was buying a new drysuit with plastic zipper, I would skip zipper cover, but wouldn't do this with metal one as zipper teeth are different and could be damaged by harness on the shoulder.

Regarding p-valves: balanced p-valves tend to leak and non balanced ones are "bullet proof" against leak. Moreover - there is no any need in balanced p-valve at all.

I will continue to have zipper covers on mine in the future. Especially a front zip. When I zip my suit up, I tuck the pull under zipper cover. It would be very difficult for anything to happen that results in pulling the zipper open a little bit by accident.

Without the zipper cover, the zipper pull would be exposed and I would worry that it might catch on something that pulls it open a little bit.

Regarding p-valves: balanced p-valves tend to leak and non balanced ones are "bullet proof" against leak. Moreover - there is no any need in balanced p-valve at all.
If I’m getting a pee valve. I don’t want to risk a weenie-squeeze.

There is no LOL, so I could only go with Like....

Shrinkage is real, especially in cold water. Constanza knows.

Back
Top Bottom