My wife is looking for a back inflate BC for traveling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Concur with the recommendations for Zena and the Dive Rite HydroLite.

The Hollis LTS is also a good candidate for this purpose, as is the Zeagle Scout, which is a great low-cost option if you consider that the back inflate style reduces the need for the female tailoring offered by the Zena.

Best wishes,

Aqualung Zuma Ultra lightweight minimalist back inflate BC… we have two for travel, so light and easy to clean in a hotel room.

+1 for the HOG TBCS with soft plate, but also take a look at the Zeagle Covert XT. I have both the HOG TBCS and the older style Covert. You will be happy with either, but the Covert is an outstanding travel bcd, 32# bladder, well constructed, back inflate with integrated weight pockets, and can be easily rolled or folded. But if you are looking for modular, a bp/w is the way to go.

My wife has the Zena. She loves it.
We were able to get a short shoulder strap section, which coupled with a medium back section fits her perfectly.

It's a great design.

I just bought a Dive Rite Hydro Lite and have 13 warm water dives on it. It's about 6.7 lbs out of the box. I like it because it's a standard 2" webbing harness so I can customize it with aftermarket pockets, D rings, belt slides, sheath, etc.. Lots of D rings for attachment DSMB, SPG, lights etc.. Crotch strap is great on the surface to keep me from sliding down. Donut back wing is great underwater in any position and a big improvement over a horseshoe bladder. It comes with integrated weight pockets, but no other pockets, so I bought some cheap zip pockets for it.

Here's the strange thing: I bought it from Dive Gear Express, but instead of the shoulder harness in the picture, it came with a TransPac XT harness. I didn't mind the extra D rings, so I didn't complain.

I'll offer another recommendation for the Zeagle Zena. I love mine! It's light weight and easy to travel with. It doesn't really roll if you leave everything attached, but it does fold up nicely. Plus it's easy in and out because it zips up the front. Just zip and pull the straps tight. It's modular, so your wife can customize for a perfect fit and if her size changes, she won't need to buy an entirely new BC. (I say this because I lost a bunch of weight during the lockdown and will be ordering new front pieces, but at least I don't need an entirely new BCD.)

Great suggestions, everyone, thank you! I think under 8 pounds is quite doable, with pockets. Keep the suggestions coming, now she just has to find places that she can try them on!
We are N. of Dallas.

www.leisurepro.com

Has an excellent try on before you buy policy with free return shipping. The secret is to call and talk to a sales rep for the BEST customer service. They made fitting wetsuits really easy.

Ask for Mario.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom